Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, customer service pretty good. Instructions out of the box seem easy, wrong! The don't tell you to update the tool prior to connecting to your car. If you have a Mac as I do, even harder, they have to send you files via email to update your tool.

So after about an hour of trying to figure out myself the error I got after the entire write process, I had to call for help.

They ran me through steps to ensure my original factory tune was back onto the car and instructed me to update before I attempt to install there 93 octane tune.

Now the 93 octane tune doesn't say 93 octane like there web site shows, on the tools available selections mind you. The instructions, a single fold out page do not mention the available tunes at all. When I spoke with customer service they informed me that the diablo tune, is in fact the 93 octane tune. 2 selections 91 octane or diablo tune.

So 2 + hours into this after I slaved over my Barton shifter install ( still no test drive ) I'm attempting to install there 93 tune. With the intention of sending my original back up file to diablotuuner to write me a custom tune based on my mods.

Hassle thus far, sorry to ramble on, needed to vent and wife doesn't want to here it.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
Mine should be waiting for me at home since FedEx said delivered at 3pm PST. I too have a MAC so that part already has me on edge.... Ugh! Sucks :notsigned:

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
Eh! I have a PC at work. I'll just update there. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tune worked, Barton shifter awesome! The car is definitely more powerful. It needed the update, was a piece of cake once i got the update installed. The above user with the mac, call the customer support number they are on east coast time. You may get lucky without updating but they sent me a 11mb file and it worked for me.

Now its off to diablotoona for a more aggressive tune.

The shifter, no noise like people say, I here a little with windows closed no radio and in first gear, barely noticeable. Shifter is SICK, and with the tuner my car is flying now.

Side note, if this is the only issue, and I mean the only issue with my mac, then so be it. Never a virus, never slowing down, NEVER crashes.

Update a tuner with customer service help, I can live with it.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Since i have a half tank of 89 gas, i decided to just modify stock tune, and I'm completely happy cant wait to see what the 93 tune does.

Mds gone, speed limiter increased, throttle increased and updated tire size.

Intune was very user friendly longest part was updating it on the computer. Only somewhat iffy moment was got a no key fob detected. Just popped out the push button and use the key to finish and all is well now.

So far worth the money!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
59 Posts
Waranty effected?

Will it void the powertrain waranty?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT/P
522 Posts
Will it void the powertrain waranty?
Tunes do void warranty. But all you need to do is restore to original before you take it back to the dealer for what ever reason...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts