Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to tuning vehicle, Need Help!!!

Got my Diablo Intune, what is the best adjustable parameter to select, I see that it has Throttle boost, what % should I increase it too. I own a Dodge Challenger SXT 3.6L V6

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I'm with you here. I'm just using the stock 93 tune for now. Adjusting parameters is beyond me at this point.

Reactions: agr2010

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,479 Posts
New to tuning vehicle, Need Help!!!

Got my Diablo Intune, what is the best adjustable parameter to select, I see that it has Throttle boost, what % should I increase it too. I own a Dodge Challenger SXT 3.6L V6
The Throttle Boost adjustable parameter doesn't add anything except throttle sensitivity, so you can max it out and it will be fine. It should feel more responsive, but no other engine operating parameters are modified, so all you are feeling is the engine's same amount of power applied more quickly as you increase the throttle.

Then, depending on what kind of fuel is available in your area, you can load one of the canned tunes and start driving. Just make sure that the gasoline's octane you use is at least as high as the tune's requirement, i.e. 91 or higher octane for 91 tune, and 93 or higher octane for Diablo tune.

Once you have a new tune loaded, start driving. But it is advisable to datalog as much as possible after loading a new tune or modifying existing one. Datalog everytime you drive, you can never have too many datalogs!

Also, you'll want to download and install DiabloSport's DataViewer software to view the datalogs. Then you can start going through all your datalogs looking for instances where the ECM retards timing due to detonation (knock).

Ultimately, you'll want to minimize those occurrences, if not eliminate them completely. Depending on what their cause is, you can start modifying the canned tune or trying different gas/fuel additives, etc. But that's getting into the weeds a little. Get some datalogs generated and get to where you can view their contents, then we can go into more details if you need to.

Nuke

Reactions: agr2010

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you MEKrunner, new to the game and I'm a little lost. I'm sure we will get the hang of this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nuke,

Thanks for all the advise, will go ahead and set that throttle to maximum and then going to use the Diablo Tune. Good idea to have datalog. Thanks again everyone for all you suggestions and help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts