Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Absolutely should have read the forums...before putting out over 600$...
So angry what a waste of money....

This thing is craptastic at its finest....

Should have spent the money on shock tower braces....

Going to try to send it back and get my money back....

Fk this piece of horribly coded crap.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
Um, have never heard this, individuals may have had issues updating, etc., but never heard any of their tuners were crap before. Makes me wonder if it isn't individual to you and your car...

A Guy

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I read their forums...it is full of issues...
Would have never bought it if I read them first....

The amount of errors I got. grrrr
It won't update.... luckily my car starts.... many people their car wouldn't even start after trying to update it....

I can't tune it...it keeps erroring out...or timing out.

It finally "recognized" my car but wont update....

I'm going to call Monday obviously....

Hopefully, they will sort it out....

But many say their customer service is lacking....

Now mind you I read some awesome reviews...that's why I bought it....

Maybe it will work eventually...

But as of now its crap.

And it is not the operator....
I taught myself how to code and make games..... that isn't something just anyone can do..... I may be a barbarian but also a PC nerd. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,659 Posts
I've rarely seen anyone here have issues, that was why I said that. Sorry you had issues, but most here don't. Never said you were incapable, just that your problem was individual. I have no reason to defend them

A Guy

Reactions: INK

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Didn't mean to imply you said it's individual operating it....

It wasn't untill I got in their forums that I saw all the issues....

I did look here and from what i saw most had no issues and many said it's a great mod...

I'm guessing when I call them Monday it'll get sorted out....
Certainly hoping so.... :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it the trinity T2 that you are having problems with?
Ya exactly....pretty sure.....

haha it's got so many names....
On the Box its says Trinity EX...

It's the highest priced one of course...

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
673 Posts
I have tactfully tried to warn Challenger Talk members about T2 and Diablo with regards to logging analog inputs, using Dataviewer live, occasional failure to save data logs, response from customer service , and lack of accuracy about status of logging wideband inputs as provided in the user forum. I have encouraged members to read this forum. I find the T2 to be useful but IMO there are issues with T2 performance and Diablo accountability.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear your having trouble , I currently run a T-2 on my 19 R/T and on my 19 SXT before that. I did have one updating issue, but in my case it was user error and they sorted it out the next day.

Hopefully, they will square your issue away soon

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
573 Posts
I'm not trying to bash Diablo at all, and I still mostly use my Diablo. But I have definitely had a number of problems in the past with my intune, from analog inputs not working, to it basically bricking itself, and it not wanting to update or save logs. Customer service has always taken care of it though, even when the tuner for some reason wouldn't work at all with one car out of no where they sent me a brand new i3. It does get a little frustrating having frequent issues

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,356 Posts
I had an intune 2 for my 2013 JGC which I gave to my buddy with a 2013 wrangler. It was a PITA to get the crom installed. Downloaded the latest and installed but still did not work. It was not until we used the cellphone to hot spot the wifi that the intune finally grabbed the correct file. Now I use HP tuners for both my vehicles and have yet to experience any issues.

One issue with the old T1000 that I had for my challenger was after 2 weeks of being connected to the car the battery would reach a low state of charge to the point I would have to jump it. I tried all their recommended settings and latest crom but nothing seemed to resolve my issue. I though it was the tazer but I keep that thing plugged in for months and no issue starting up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had an intune 2 for my 2013 JGC which I gave to my buddy with a 2013 wrangler. It was a PITA to get the crom installed. Downloaded the latest and installed but still did not work. It was not until we used the cellphone to hot spot the wifi that the intune finally grabbed the correct file. Now I use HP tuners for both my vehicles and have yet to experience any issues.

One issue with the old T1000 that I had for my challenger was after 2 weeks of being connected to the car the battery would reach a low state of charge to the point I would have to jump it. I tried all their recommended settings and latest crom but nothing seemed to resolve my issue. I though it was the tazer but I keep that thing plugged in for months and no issue starting up.
Was lookin at the HP tuners... seemed more hands on... I am lookin for more plug and play and forget....

So damn busy with life...

On a scale from 1 to 10...10 being easiest...could you rate the Hp tuners?

Talking to Diablo now....

Hopefully it's good to go....

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,356 Posts
Was lookin at the HP tuners... seemed more hands on... I am lookin for more plug and play and forget....

-1 :)

Actually not that bad but if you plan on using it to tune a big cam...you probably will need some hand holding from the guys on the forum or HP tuner support.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,873 Posts

If cars were kitchens and tuners were kitchen appliances, the DiabloSport tuner would be like an old school icebox, and the HP Tuner device would be like a modern day side-by-side.

Got some pork chops and a 6 pack of beer you want to keep cold until your cousin’s parole party next weekend? DiabloSport has you covered!

Sure, it can be a pain to find blocks of ice the right size and shape to fit into the icebox, and you have to keep emptying the drip tray ever so often, but you detest warm beer and trichinosis is the worst thing to offer a family member fresh out of the joint (sure he coulda been out after 2 years, but he knows snitches get stitches, and he ain’t no rat anyway, so he did the full 7 years, like a man!).

On the other end of the scale is HP Tuners.

Some folks shun family members who get caught up in chop shop stings, and they much prefer to hold wine and cheese parties for their elitist friends’ socialite wives. I mean, you only surpass 1 million followers on your way to being a Social Media Influencer once in your life, right?

That scenario requires more granular control over your food and drink’s temperature level, not to mention the humidity at which it’s kept while being chilled.

Need separate crisper and meat drawers? Need shelves that can contain a spill from a 12 oz beverage without getting items below all sticky and wet? Need the option of cubes vs crushed when you get the thing to dispense some ice?

Then HP Tuners is where it’s at!

NOTE: Neither DiabloSport nor HP Tuners can do anything about your step-daughter’s fascination with getting a new Land Rover for her Sweet 16. Blame that on the Kardashians, and start saving money well in advance...and know a good used car guy. That’s all you can do to address that problem!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha that was awesome...

And ya...sending it back....it made the car worse...wouldnt let me shift it...or go into drive for a bit.... ....it would be a cool program if it wasnt so full of bugs.... it did make me feel a little better knowing my games I produced and published on my own my not be perfect but at least they work hahaha

Just going to grab a pedal commander and call it a day....
And maybe try the side by side eventually....

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
I belong to various Challenger groups on FB, and this is usually what happens. Group member states, "Ordered my Diablo tuner today, I can't wait!" A few weeks later he's back saying something like "I hooked up my Diablo today, and now my car is throwing codes, What is the deal? How do I fix it?" Well, in my opinion, don't mess with a perfectly good computer, that's what.

Reactions: INK and 19johned53

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I belong to various Challenger groups on FB, and this is usually what happens. Group member states, "Ordered my Diablo tuner today, I can't wait!" A few weeks later he's back saying something like "I hooked up my Diablo today, and now my car is throwing codes, What is the deal? How do I fix it?" Well, in my opinion, don't mess with a perfectly good computer, that's what.

And where the heck were you when I hit "click to order"

Haha

1 - 20 of 65 Posts