Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am think of purchasing a Diablo Predator 2 for my 2009 6.1 SRT. According to the Diablo web site, it will give my engine 25 more hp. and 25 lb./ft. of torque.

Is there any downside to this tuner such as engine longevity, OBD-II trouble codes or gas mileage?

Also, where is the best place to buy one? They sell for around $338.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,856 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
That version of Predator does not accept custom tunes. This model does for a couple bucks more, but it's your call.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,856 Posts
The Platinum version does custom tunes, about the same price as the non platinum

I just assumed the canned tune since it said 25HP/25ft lbs

A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am think of purchasing a Diablo Predator 2 for my 2009 6.1 SRT. According to the Diablo web site, it will give my engine 25 more hp. and 25 lb./ft. of torque.

Is there any downside to this tuner such as engine longevity, OBD-II trouble codes or gas mileage?

Also, where is the best place to buy one? They sell for around $338.
Hey Cuda340,
Take a look at the Trinity X2 for Challenger SRT's. It is very simple to use and allows you to manipulate many many different fields. It allows you to click on the screen to return the car to stock or you can manipulate certain power bands. When I first got mine I was able to get an additional 67 HP to the DYNO by using this. My friend owns a speed shop in Chicago and I picked his brain quite a bit before I bought mine. Engine longevity is all relative to how you drive your car. If you drive your car hard then this will not make any real difference to life. No different than drag racing a stock Challenger. If you are going to own this car and not drive it what is the point? I rather enjoy it, whether the engine hits 60,000 miles or 90,000 miles makes no difference to me since I only put on 4,000 miles a year. I stay in stock mode but treat myself sometimes, it is a blast. This product is a little bit more expensive but is well worth it.

-Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts