Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with experience with these? How do they work? How well do they work? Which models work with the 5.7 Hemi? What effects on drivability and mileage? Thanks!!

JS

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
These give you much more than merely adding a tune, I recommend them for ALL Challenger owners.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another thing to add is that if you ever add major upgrades down the road, a Predator/Trinity is an absolute necessity. It should be the first purchase for the Hemi's in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Another thing to add is that if you ever add major upgrades down the road, a Predator/Trinity is an absolute necessity. It should be the first purchase for the Hemi's in my opinion.
Agreed....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for the kind words guys and gals!

OP, if you have any specific questions about the Predator or Trinity, let me know!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Very good for the auto RT's, my track time went down over 1/2 sec. sucks for gas milage i went from 24 to 19 highway. i just use the 91oct tune for the track or for cruz nights. I don't know about 6 speeds, they have mixed results. if you do any major mods you'll need something.
good luck

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Very good for the auto RT's, my track time went down over 1/2 sec. sucks for gas milage i went from 24 to 19 highway. i just use the 91oct tune for the track or for cruz nights. I don't know about 6 speeds, they have mixed results. if you do any major mods you'll need something.
good luck
I'm running the 91CAI tune, and got 21mpg average on the highway heading back from CF2. I'm planning to switch to the 93CAI once I install my catch can. Will be running the 93CAI down in Panama City Beach next weekend, but that's with a can of Torco.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Spud, let us know what it does to MPG, i know mine su*ked on the way back from CF2 until i went back to stock half way home (300miles)19 vs 24.
info is good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is there enough extra features on the Trinity to make it worth the extra money over the Predator?

I have a '10 R/T 6spd. Just looking for mild mods and the ability to kill skip shift.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
OP, if you have any specific questions about the Predator or Trinity, let me know!
Is there any documentation on what the canned tunes do? I notice a bit better throttle response, not as much granny mode learning from the computer and definitely firmer shifts. (Chirps 2nd that it never did before)

Also, is a drop in K&N considered a CAI for purpose of the tune?
One last thing, I can only get 91 octane here at the pumps. I assume a tune for 93 will actually hurt performance, right?

Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
The Trinity is a very nice upgrade! There are so many cool new features on there, including being able to datalog without a bulky laptop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tuner for 2011 392 SRT

Does anyone know when we might be able to get a tuner for the 2011 392 SRT Challenger?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts