Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
101 - 120 of 249 Posts

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Before you use dyno mode go the the Diablo site to forums, go down a ways a find general questions i have a post there and there is an answer from one of the mikes at diablo. read this first!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Read some where that dyno mode also turns off ABS system.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Read some where that dyno mode also turns off ABS system.
Yes it does,...and that is what you want when taking the car down the track so there is no interferance from the ESP when leaving the line,...or doing the occasional burn-out.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 · (Edited)
Before you use dyno mode go the the Diablo site to forums, go down a ways a find general questions i have a post there and there is an answer from one of the mikes at diablo. read this first!
Well,...I read the post at the Diablosport that Mike made in response to your question.Having driven with the ESP on and fully off in race conditions or just taking the car down the back-roads for a good run I believe the car performs better when dirving in those conditions with the ESP fully off,...thats why they use 'Dyno Mode' when doing a pull on a dyno.Mike and I will just have to agree to disagree on this point of view.

However,I do agree to leave the ESP fully on when driving in rain,snow or any other adverse road or weather conditions.

PS-CruzKing,is the striping on your car silver?If so can you post some large pictures as I am considering silver stripes for my R/T.Thanks

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
TYPony, the stripes are dark gray metalic. i will email you next week, the wife knows where the pictures files are. she will be back next week. the stripes are almost the same color as the gray boss 338 wheels.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
TYPony, the stripes are dark gray metalic. i will email you next week, the wife knows where the pictures files are. she will be back next week. the stripes are almost the same color as the gray boss 338 wheels.
Thanks,I look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe I missed it in this very long thread, but where is a good website / place to buy one of these for a good price? I've seen them online but wondering if anyone could recommend where i could get the best price?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a question. I am looking into purchasing the Diablosport Predator for my car. With the modifications I have installed is it necessary to have the predator custom tuned to my vehicle? Eventually I plan on purchasing more upgrades but is the 91 CAI or 93 CAI tune provided through the Diablo worth the $300? The cheapest I found the Predator with the USB cable interface was at LMPerformance for $309 with free s/h. Is that the least expensive? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
I have a question. I am looking into purchasing the Diablosport Predator for my car. With the modifications I have installed is it necessary to have the predator custom tuned to my vehicle? Eventually I plan on purchasing more upgrades but is the 91 CAI or 93 CAI tune provided through the Diablo worth the $300? The cheapest I found the Predator with the USB cable interface was at LMPerformance for $309 with free s/h. Is that the least expensive? Thanks!

That's a very good price, I paid around $400 including the USB kit.

And yes I noticed the difference with the Pred, I've had to remove more burned rubber off my car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks ADH! Do you know if the custom tune is needed at this point for my vehicle? Also, which is better 91CAI or 93 CAI predator tune?

·
Premium Member
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
762 Posts
Thanks ADH! Do you know if the custom tune is needed at this point for my vehicle? Also, which is better 91CAI or 93 CAI predator tune?
I haven't done the custom tune thing yet, just got into it myself late last season. I tried both stock CAI tunes didn't notice a lot of difference, I still spun my tires too much on launch.

I'm really a Predator newbie someone else may answer your questions better.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Here's my 1/4 mile results from my tuner:
stock - 12.9-13.0
91 tune - 12.7-12.8 launch at 2,000rpms, easy into peddle, no wheelspin
93 tune - 12.5-12.6 hard to launch above 1,500rpms without wheelspin, have to really ease into peddle for no wheelspin

All runs were on cold tires. What I have not done is go backwards on my tunes & rerun to verify. I have 5,700 miles on her now so some of the results may be due to the motor breaking in more.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just got my Predator in the mail yesterday. I'm ready to start tuning my R/T.

Is there any good reason to NOT go with 93 tune (I have been running 93 octane anyway). I hear this mention of having trouble launching because of wheelspin. Is that in daily driving, or just when you're on it hard?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dammit. I'm looking at my U7135 and the box it comes in says its good for 05-09 R/T's.

I have a 2010 - can I use it or did they send the wrong one??

Reactions: tommby

·
Registered
98 Posts
Okay, strike that. I got the update.

The warning says they "strongly recommend a big exhaust and temperature gauge". Is this something I need to worry about? I'm still running everything stock, other than a K&N. Any concerns?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just got my Predator in the mail yesterday. I'm ready to start tuning my R/T.

Is there any good reason to NOT go with 93 tune (I have been running 93 octane anyway). I hear this mention of having trouble launching because of wheelspin. Is that in daily driving, or just when you're on it hard?
The stock tune is pretty weak on torque in the low rpms. For me the 91 tune was a nice improvement in low end torque but the 93 tune was that & then some.

Wheel spin is all about throttle control. You learn to be easy on the peddle on takeoffs with the extra power down low so you don't spin.

I drove my SRT8 with the 93 tune in the snow/ice without issues unlike my coworker who drives the same roads to work. He wrecked his 02 4x4 Dodge truck that same day. I saw 5 wrecks that day myself.

The EVIC that comes with the SRT8 allows me to get plenty of practice time in. I have 1 "test strip" that I use for all my EVIC runs and it is comparable to what the EVIC reads when I run at the track. My EVIC reads just over .1sec slower than actual track times.

If you learn to takeoff without wheelspin you will have faster times. Alot of my practice is when the road is wet but not raining. (alot of misty rain here). I did a 1/4 mile EVIC run this morning on a wet road and ran a [email protected] (= 12.6 at the track) with no wheel spin by launching at 1,500 rpm, kept peddle steady for split second, easied to 1/2 peddle then floored it. I did not heatup the tires, tire pressure is set to 35psi & almost a full tank of gas.

You should play with the 91 tune 1st then try the 93 tune and report back. Enjoy!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks dude. We're getting freezing rain here at the moment so I may have to resist and hold off to do any tuning until I can get out there and take some test runs between setting changes. Maybe 91 is the best way to start, it would give me something to look forward to when going to 93! It will be hard to resist going to max power though.

Normally, when I pull out (on previous cars) I was pretty good and pulling out just above idle without over-reving much. I have a little trouble with the clutch on the Challenger, so I find myself maybe around 1500 rpm when I start to release the clutch. The roads are salty around here (aka slippery) so I haven't had a chance for any hard runs off the line. Well, at least not WOT from 1st. Because of the conditions I've been waiting until 2nd to really blast it and even then sometimes the wheels spin in this salt.

I can't wait until a good spring rain to wash this mess away. Right now I'd just be happy to have no ice on the roads!

101 - 120 of 249 Posts