Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Is anyone running Diablo Predator stock tunes on their SRT8 Auto Trans? If so, is the improvement significant enough to justify the $289 cost?

If so what tune did you choose to install? Anyone dyno or do time offs to compare before and after?

Any other impressions welcome...

Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think there werth it as the canned tunes are better than bone stock. IMO the 91 cai tune seems to be the best as the 93 tune has to much timing even for 93 gas. I never ran the canned tunes i went right to a dyno tune with the predator. This last week we had a little meet with 6 jeeps here in CA and there was 4 jeeps with e mail tunes 1 with a predator 91 cai canned tune and mine with the cmr dyno tune and we were all running CA 91 GAS. The jeep with the 91cai canned tune ran a 8.40 in the 1/8 mile and the e mail tunes ran 8.20s and the dyno tune ran 8.08 at +1600 ft DA. Hope this helps you. If you buy 1 make sure it has the latest updated crome files which are 9r28 or what ever supports the yr and 6.1 you have. The jeeps go to 9r12 go here to find yours.
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=121

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I picked one up and installed during a track meet. And I gained 3/10 - 4/10 in a 1/4 mile. I think it's the best bang for the buck. I'm running the 91 cai

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Yes, it's worth $289 and you might check the classifieds to see if anyone is selling them for less (I recently sold mine for $200 to another forum member as I upgraded to the Trinity).

Here are a few other things you can do with the predator.

-Raise the shift points to from 6200 to 6400 rpm
-Lower the Fan Settings for a 180 t-stat
-Use the throttle boost feature
-Engine monitoring
-Reset the transmission adaptives

A predator or trinity is the foundation for maximizing the potential of any current and future performance modifications.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Best bang for your buck for sure!

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
Definitely yes, well worth the investment..

·
Registered
33 Posts
All I can say is, wow. Just wow. I installed it witht he 93 tune, running 94 octane, and I was very suprised how it felt. Way quicker throttle response, quicker downshifts and just moved quicker through the rpm range. I have used chips and programmers on different EFI vehicles and I don't think I ever found such a noticable difference, especially from a canned tune. I didn't modify it at all, so I'm looking forward to tweaking it a bit.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You guys are killing me;) I defiantly have itch to get one but I'm in Korea and my girl is in Miami for two years waiting on my return. Defiantly my next purchase when I get back. Just hope in two years an even better one is out:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
definately thinks it helps. I got the predator after installing cai. makes a difference not only in driveability and gas mileage, plus 2/10 in quarter mi time

·
Registered
775 Posts
Best $$ you can spend allows you to get more enjoyment out of driving your car !!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All,

Loaded the 93 Performance tune tonight and drove locally...not sure I really noticed any significant difference with the tune loaded? I have SRT8 with Auto trans. Does PCM need 10-20 miles of driving to reset and adapt to all the new setting the tuner adjusted? Or is change supposed to be instantly felt?

best
J

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
No it does not. But if you want to reset the ECU, pull the # 2 fuse for about 5-10 minutes, this will reset the ECU (I think it's the #2 fuse).
Make absolutely sure you run 93 octane fuel with this tune, if you don't you will get detonation and most of the time you will actually rob performance rather than add performance. Having said that, using a canned tune will yield better results with a true CAI at the minimum.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
The canned tune stiffens the shifts as well on the auto. The 09 spins the rears a little shifting into 2nd. Something it never did under stock.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Y
Here are a few other things you can do with the predator.

-Raise the shift points to from 6200 to 6400 rpm
-Lower the Fan Settings for a 180 t-stat
-Use the throttle boost feature
-Engine monitoring
-Reset the transmission adaptives
What is throttle boost feature?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Along with pulling the fuse it's the best bang for buck esp for the autos. the throttle boost function alone is amazing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All,

I want to thank all of you for your feedback. The best thing about this forum are all the great people and experience! I loaded the U7135 93 Octane Performance Tune a week back, and was a bit disappointed in the lack of significant gains...in feel. Then folks suggested I pull the #2 fuse and wow what a wake up for the car and tune! Then I adjusted the Throttle boost feature to 15 and wow, B-E-A-S-T! SRT8 Auto trans.

thanks!
J

·
Registered
32 Posts
you'll like the 6600 rpm shifts - definately wakes up the car with an automatic...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.