Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning guys, wondered if any of you could enlighten me to these tuners. The used Challenger I purchased has a Diablo tune in it - the car was also taken to High Horse Performance for a tune. The previous owner unlocked the PCM on the car. Here's my question, when taking this car for service to the dealer what will happen to the tune and the car?? Meaning will I lose the tune if they flash the PCM and will the car start running like crap? He did a lot of mods to this car and I'm not sure how all that will be affected. Does anyone have any advice or know how this works? Really appreciate the benefit of some of your wisdom to help. Thanks. By the way, he left the tuner in the back seat of the car - I don't think its still there and he thinks the dealership might have taken it out. So I don't have the original tuner.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,230 Posts
I see from another post you are in contact with the former owner. Ask him whether he bought a second PCM that has his custom tune on it, or whether he simply had the OEM PCM cracked.

If the former, get the OEM PCM from him. If the latter....here's the deal: If the dealer flashes the PCM with the custom tune in it, it WILL kill your custom tune. Further, it most likely will prevent you from being able to load the custom tune from your Diablo tuner back. Finally, it will reveal to the dealer that flashed it that it has been cracked...this could lead to warranty issues down the road.

You can buy a replacement OEM PCM from a dealer, though there might be some gymnastics involved in getting it properly certified and registered. It won't be cheap; probably around $600.

I have my stock PCM, and a second one with a mild tune on it. Any time I go to the dealer, I swap out the tuned one for the OEM one. That way, if they flash it, I don't lose my tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts