Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the Diablo tuner do there own tuning? I am not familiar with this unit and want to be 100% on board with its capabilities before purchasing. So, after data logging, can the end user tweak the fuel and other parameters or do you need special software/licenses to be able to do more than the basic configurations?

I want to have the ability to do my own tunes and not have to rely on a third party to send tunes, etc.
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
When I asked them, tuning software from Diablo Sport cost $4,000.00. :2:

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I had a Diablo tuner for my 2013 and didn't need need their software. You work through your email and their website. All you need is the tuner. Unless something has changed in the last 3 years...

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Diablo tuner for my 2013 and didn't need need their software. You work through your email and their website. All you need is the tuner. Unless something has changed in the last 3 years...
Hmmm ok, so I hear about guys getting tunes from various people. I assume ya pay for the email tunes from whom ever that may be. So what parameters or should I say areas can the end user tweak or change?
Also I done some looking into the hp tuners, these look to me to be the way to go. Mapping structure is about what I'm used to with my bike tuning. Only thing I am wondering about is with the Diablo you can purchase the unlocked ecu as a swop. Not sure on cost if going with the hp on unlocking the ecu. Also lots of info on tuning with the hp on YouTube step by step with lots of examples. Diablo not much info at all. So anyone have experience with the hp as in the process of unlocking the 15-up ecu's?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I'd say that the going price for a custom Diablo tune is $500.00. That may sound expensive, but once all of the tweaking and retweaking is consider, it's a good value. No two Challengers use exactly the same tune, which is the reason for going with custom tunes, and even more so with performance modifications.

As for HP tuning, it's my impression that they know very little about Hemis. I also would not use YouTube videos to learn how to tune. One mistake can result in a blown engine. Personally, I'd like to learn how to tune my Shaker, and to that end I believe I need a thorough understanding of Hemi performance engine theory as a starting point. It's not like back in the day when tuning was done with timing lights, gauges, calipers, micrometers and wrenches.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
When I was using my tuner in '14, I could log on to the Diablo website and datalog on my own computer. You would register your tuner with them on their site if I remember correctly. Also, when I was researching custom tunes the average price was around $120 -$150. This may have also changed. If you buy a Diablo tuner for a '15 you will need to get their unlocked PCM as well. You're going to want to keep your factory PCM for when you do warranty service so you can put it back in. I didn't have to do that on my 2013 but I did have to load the factory tune back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts