Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Challenger RT Classic
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at possibly getting the Diablosport Intune I2 for my 2011 RT, but Im new to a lot of this. If I were to use a 93 octane canned tune, would there still be parameters or settings that I need to change? The only mods I have are Mopar CAI, Flowmaster 40s and resonator delete, and a BT catch can.

I've been reading some about knock and guys having to make adjustments for this, based on their data logs, which I is somewhat intimidating to me given my limited knowledge. Would the knock issue arise more for those that have done custom tunes or changed parameters on a canned tune, or could I run into knock issues using just the canned tunes with no changes that come preloaded on the tuner. I talked with Diablo and they said their tunes are pretty safe and I shouldn't have issues and a local dealer that sells Diablos uses them for tunning said the didn't really see issues with the canned tunes, but said the Hemis are finicky on timing so they could do the tunning if I wanted. What issues have others run into using the canned tunes? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I'm looking at possibly getting the Diablosport Intune I2 for my 2011 RT, but Im new to a lot of this. If I were to use a 93 octane canned tune, would there still be parameters or settings that I need to change? The only mods I have are Mopar CAI, Flowmaster 40s and resonator delete, and a BT catch can.

I've been reading some about knock and guys having to make adjustments for this, based on their data logs, which I is somewhat intimidating to me given my limited knowledge. Would the knock issue arise more for those that have done custom tunes or changed parameters on a canned tune, or could I run into knock issues using just the canned tunes with no changes that come preloaded on the tuner. I talked with Diablo and they said their tunes are pretty safe and I shouldn't have issues and a local dealer that sells Diablos uses them for tunning said the didn't really see issues with the canned tunes, but said the Hemis are finicky on timing so they could do the tunning if I wanted. What issues have others run into using the canned tunes? Thanks
I had the Diablosport inTune canned 91 octane tune on my 2011 R/T. It only had a CAI & catch-can. I was very pleased with it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts