Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, car has less than 2500 miles.

i've always said it - even IF DSP wouldn't have been released til mid next year, my car would still only have 8K miles HAHAHA !!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
So what are they waiting for? Update your products DS update!!

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can just imagine Inertia, Comp, Crane, Apache, Eagle, Magnacharger, Procharger and Kenne Bell will start fabbing up cams/heads/superchargers for these cars now.

time to play, boys.......

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't know why Mopar or SRT just didn't come out with a stage 1 ECU and Stage 2 ECU like the SRT4's did HAHA !!!!

just swap the ECU and there's your tune....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Ummm...nobody from Diablosport spoke to them, not sure where that info is coming from.

As mentioned many, many times, we will make some big noise when this becomes a reality, you won't hear about it from an online magazine first ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i don't know why Mopar or SRT just didn't come out with a stage 1 ECU and Stage 2 ECU like the SRT4's did HAHA !!!!

just swap the ECU and there's your tune....
There used to be a Mopar HEMI PCM, and it was wildly unpopular due to its lack of performance ;)

Even so, you can't make a one size fits all PCM that will work with different cams, let alone blower, N20, etc.

Custom tuning is a necessity!

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are a couple interesting questions i will propose to the 2011 community:

everyone loves to have the availability to tune, right !?!?

why !?!?

because you can squeeze out the extra hp's and tq's by fine tuning the ECU based on your current mods.

what's the OTHER reason !?!? because you can always uninstall the tune and go back to stock.

now - what IF DSP comes out so that you can tune the car, BUT, when you flash it "back to stock", any Dodge/Chrysler dealership will be able to tell you've tuned the car and void your warranty on the spot.

would you still buy it !?!?

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ummm...nobody from Diablosport spoke to them
so who with DS has a "relationship" with anyone from Mopar Magazine - possibly the author of this eyebrow raising article ??

does DS have a mole in their ranks !?!?

HAHA !!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mike, If the news happens to be true, there is no point in blurring it out. Just admit you cracked the PCM and you won't release it until you figure out how to encrypt it so no one could release it as their own. I say I don't have a problem with that,I just want to make sure you did crack it and we would see it in a week or two ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
This thread is going to be EPIC!!

·
Banned
487 Posts

why !?!?

because you can squeeze out the extra hp's and tq's by fine tuning the ECU based on your current mods.

what's the OTHER reason !?!? because you can always uninstall the tune and go back to stock.

now - what IF DSP comes out so that you can tune the car, BUT, when you flash it "back to stock", any Dodge/Chrysler dealership will be able to tell you've tuned the car and void your warranty on the spot.

100% yes I would still buy it, I don't need the warranty once the mods begin.

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll get it as well.

simple mods such as intake and possibly a TB would be the only mods i'd go with.

that would be easy to go back to stock.......

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Thats how it currently is for the 6.1s, I wouldn't see it being any different.

why !?!?

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
can't wait for the next roundtable discussion.

would be curious to see what Gilles thinks.

i mean, his car is a performance oriented machine that boasts pride with uncanny numbers and track times.

i wonder if he's supportive ??? upset ???

i wonder if he'll take the business approach and say something ambiguously.....

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Ralph is a performance guy at heart so I am sure he will be happy when tuning comes.....even if he cant say it.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Mike what's really going on?
Is it true you guys will release something at Sema?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Corporate press release interpretation has become one of my strong suits, so allow me to take a shot at DiabloMike's comments earlier in this thread.

"Ummm...nobody from Diablosport spoke to them, not sure where that info is coming from."

The concept here is how does a company begin building a product buzz as they're able to maintain what stands as "plausible deniability"? This is easy. DS tells someone, you pick it, I dunno Arrington, for example, but makes Arrington promise not to quote them. Arrington calls MM...boom. Early news "rumor" is out. Note that Mike didn't deny the crack was accomplished as he has been doing for months on this forum.

"As mentioned many, many times, we will make some big noise when this becomes a reality, you won't hear about it from an online magazine first ;) "

All he left out here is the word officially. We won't hear about it "officially" from an online mag 1st.

U.F.O. says....done deal.

U.F.O.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Corporate press release interpretation has become one of my strong suits, so allow me to take a shot at DiabloMike's comments earlier in this thread.

"Ummm...nobody from Diablosport spoke to them, not sure where that info is coming from."

The concept here is how does a company begin building a product buzz as they're able to maintain what stands as "plausible deniability"? This is easy. DS tells someone, you pick it, I dunno Arrington, for example, but makes Arrington promise not to quote them. Arrington calls MM...boom. Early news "rumor" is out. Note that Mike didn't deny the crack was accomplished as he has been doing for months on this forum.

"As mentioned many, many times, we will make some big noise when this becomes a reality, you won't hear about it from an online magazine first ;) "

All he left out here is the word officially. We won't hear about it "officially" from an online mag 1st.

U.F.O. says....done deal.

U.F.O.

I have just been wanting to do this forever.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts