Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

I've never tuned before but am seriously thinking about buying a diablosport intune dcx, really I only want to turn off MDS at this point I'm happy with everything else stock.

Does anyone know if that's possible? I've heard stories of people having problems with the push button start after or during tuning? Is this common, I really don't want to cause my self any headaches by tuning but do want rid of MDS. Any advice on this will be greatly appreciated, such as cons of tuning or problems people know off

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I bought the Intune for my 2012 Challenger 392. I`m not a wizard myself, but it is pretty simple and you just follow along with the onscreen prompts. Yes you can just turn off the MDS (I did as well) but trust me -- load the 91 octane tune into your car as well.
Just be sure to plug the INtune into your home computer before you plug it into your car. That will give you all the most recent updates. Also pop the push button "button" out and insert your actual key into the ignition, doing that and you will have no problems when the intune prompts you get to the turn key off/turn key on part. People are only having trouble loading the tunes when trying to do so with the push button ignition.......
Good Luck - you will be happy with it I`m sure. Maryland Speed (supporting Vendor) gave me a hell of a deal....

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
i had a intune.. kinda finky.. the later updates helped.. one thing to consider.. if you decide to ever get a CUSTOM TUNE done for your car.. if you ever get a trinity IT WILL NOT WORK. has to be redone and the tune for the intune ONLY WORKS for the intune.. i found that out the hard way.

chris

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thunderinn, so once the tune is done, I can just pop my push button back on and all is normal with push button start correct?
Thanks again for your advice and time

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
i had a intune.. kinda finky.. the later updates helped.. one thing to consider.. if you decide to ever get a CUSTOM TUNE done for your car.. if you ever get a trinity IT WILL NOT WORK. has to be redone and the tune for the intune ONLY WORKS for the intune.. i found that out the hard way.

chris

Are you saying you can't save the custom tune onto your computer and later if you get the trinity, you put that custom tune on the trinity and download it to your car?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
Thanks thunderinn, so once the tune is done, I can just pop my push button back on and all is normal with push button start correct?
Thanks again for your advice and time

Yep! Once the tune is done remove your key and pop the pushbutton back on and your good to go. Just a heads up though - don`t panic. After installing the tune my CEL will come on for about 4-6 key cycles, then turned itself back off. Something about installing the tune or readjusting some adjustable parameters (like throttle boost, adjusting fan speed temps etc.) triggers the Check engine lite for about a half dozen on/off key cycles then it goes out on its own. Car drives great!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Thunderinn for the advice on not panicking, I'm somewhat protective of my R/T, haha, had to work so hard to get it so sometimes doing things like tuning etc can make me paranoid I'm going to ruin it. (Stupid I know)

Use to have a 2009 se and only just picked up my R/T so I'm super protective at the mo! Haha

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just got the inTune a couple of day ago and I love it so far. Johan did a custom tune for me and it made a big difference. Just take your time and follow the directions.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Are you saying you can't save the custom tune onto your computer and later if you get the trinity, you put that custom tune on the trinity and download it to your car?

correct

the tunes are wrote per the device.. i had a blower tune wrote for a intune.. got a trinity.. tryed to load the the tune to the trinity.. won't work.. found out you HAVE TO HAVE A NEW TUNE MADE. period.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
For "Chally32"

You're in the right frame of mind with your questions! I just got myself a Ti1000DCX and I'm also hesitant to do the install, good thing that everyone on this forum are always willing to help..............

David

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're in the right frame of mind with your questions! I just got myself a Ti1000DCX and I'm also hesitant to do the install, good thing that everyone on this forum are always willing to help..............

David
Thanks David, yeah I just want to try and gather as much info as possible before I go ahead, I'll be very interested to hear of your experience when you do the tune.
All the best
Mark

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Good Luck to you too!

Brilliant minds think alike! That is my story and I'm sticking to it :thumbsup:

I'll be taking my Challenger on a 3-4 hour trip to New Mexico so after that I'll take the plunge and see what happens!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Could not wait............

I decided yesterday to go ahead and install the Ti1000DCX and not being too computer savie, I did do it and the only thing that got me confused was the "fan" settings, there are 6 different settings , three are what seems like fan on/off with AC and three more fan on/off w/o AC WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN????????????:icon_evil::icon_evil:

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'll add that I got the Diablo intune DCX today, and loaded the 91 tune without issue. I did two things that people posted on here that is not in the manual:

1) I popped out the button and used the key.
2) I did not turn the key to off at all when prompted to. I did not turn the key to off until it said the tune was complete, and the tuner could be disconnected.

I will add that I did get a windows error message when trying to initially update. It said it wanted me to restart the program as an administrator.... I ignored it. Everything worked fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One quick question, when you are using the tuner I take it you only turn the engine on to the run position using the key? And not all the way on? As in the engine running? Sorry if this is a obvious question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts