Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went and got an Intune and messed around with it a litle bit (turning off the MDS and upping throttle response). What are the suggested things to mess with? Like the AC fans, AC idle, transmission, traction control??

Thanks

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
No need to adjust High Mile Per Hour (MPH) settings as they probably won't come on much as the airflow from your vehicle speed will cool. I would leave the AC where they are as to not change how effecient it works (cools the inside of the car).
Low MPH fans shouldn't be lowered much without a 180 stat.
Try one of the canned tunes (91 or 93). You can always up the throttle boost on them too. Make sure you have 93 octane fuel in it before loading the 93 tune or 91 octane with the 91 tune. Raise the rev limiter to 6600 and raise the shift points.
That will wake her up...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I loaded the tune last night, and disabled the MDS. My question is when I am driving, the ECO light is still coming up on the dash?? Shouldn't the tuner have shut it off?

2011 392 SRT8

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so talked to Mike over at Diablosport. Yes, ECO & MDS are different. MDS is the Multi Displacement System which cuts off 4 of the cylinders. The ECO is just a guide that tells you when your driving pattern is at optimal gas mileage. And yes, the ECO can be turned off on EVIC choices. I thought the 2 were the same since I would always see the ECO light pop up cruising around town.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
So I loaded the tune last night, and disabled the MDS. My question is when I am driving, the ECO light is still coming up on the dash?? Shouldn't the tuner have shut it off?

2011 392 SRT8

ECO will show up during deceleration with MDS turned off. It will not go into 4 cyl mode.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts