Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 V6 Challenger with no other aftermarket performance parts. I'm looking into a DiabloSport inTune for more HP at lower and middle rpms. Will this programmer do the job? How much more can I get out of this engine with the inTune? Is it worth it? Anyone with experience, your input would be appreciated.

link

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,868 Posts
Hey guys,

I have a 2010 V6 Challenger with no other aftermarket performance parts. I'm looking into a DiabloSport inTune for more HP at lower and middle rpms. Will this programmer do the job? How much more can I get out of this engine with the inTune? Is it worth it? Anyone with experience, your input would be appreciated.

link
I don't know how much the inTune (i1000-DCX to be exact) is supposed to add for the 3.5L setup, but they are supposed to add something like 15-20 HP (~10-15 TQ ) for the 3.6L setup.

I would imagine it would be about the same amount of HP/TQ for the 3.5L, maybe more since the 3.6L is supposedly already tuned to the max from the factory - meaning, if the 3.5L factory tune leaves a lot on the table, the tuner would be able to pick it up and thus add more HP/TQ.

Unfortunately, those effects are going to be felt mostly in the mid-to-upper RPM range. The weight of these cars and the insanely high rear-end ratios are just too much to overcome; any added benefit of the tuner is swallowed up by those two demons at low RPM operation.

The ability of the tuner to add "Throttle Boost" does help the low-end operation somewhat, but it's only a "feel-good" benefit, not a result of any actual HP/TQ increases. Still, when the car barely has enough torque to pull a sick whore off a toilet, we'll take anything we can get, right?

The question of whether or not the tuner is worth it has a different answer for everyone I think. The tuner's purchase price is relatively high, but if you can afford it, it is worth it in my opinion. But if you have to pay a couple of other bills late to be able to afford it, I would say don't do it.

Also, the tuner offers many other abilities besides just the increased HP/TQ (via different tunes), like being able to datalog the ECU output, the ability to modify tire size & rear-end ratio, the ability to read & clear trouble codes, etc.

So if those things are important as well, they should be factored in when deciding to purchase a tuner. Some people only care about the added HP/TQ and consider that other stuff extraneous, and that's where I think the "worth it or not" question gets the most cloudy.

Hope all this served more to inform than to confuse. Let me know if it didn't, and I can try again.

Nuke

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Hey guys,

link
You'll immediately notice much improved throttle response, better shifting performance, and more low end and midrange power for sure. The 3.5 only picks up about 15 rwhp on 93 fuel, but it feels like alot more with the reduced torque management.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts