Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. First post. Does anyone happen to know if the diablosport intune i3 platinum version (custom tunes accepted) is legal for use in Michigan? I read on the website that it says for racing use only. I'm a little confused because the "50 state legal" standard version doesn't accept custom tunes.

Please and thank you!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Not sure how different MI emissions is from IL but I run HP tuners which allows me to tune my PCM to my hearts content. I can deactivate O2 sensors, disable DTC...etc. but doing so will not let the PCM emissions monitors to complete and hence results in a failure. Now I run a SC, headers, high flow cats and a 6.2 cam in my 5.7 RT and the way it is tuned now lets the monitors complete and I passed IL emissions. My understanding of IL emissions is as long as the car completes/passes the OEM built in emissions requirements all is good...for now. However, some states are taking emissions inspection even further by monitoring if the PCM has an aftermarket tune...and if one is detected the car will fail. That said I have 2 friends from MI that use diablo and HP tuners and they pass their emissions (although one owns a camaro and the other a mustang).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply ChallyTatum!!! I just found out that Michigan currently does not do vehicle emissions testing, although they're trying to get it passed. I guess that means it's ok more me to get the platinum version that supports custom tunes.
Looking forward to surfing talking on this forum in the future.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
It wont be long till they shove it down in every state...
Yeah but I wonder how they will monitor whether an aftermarket tune is installed? I know on Dodge they can look for a P1400 but it does not mean the same for other car manufacturers.

Thanks for the quick reply ChallyTatum!!! I just found out that Michigan currently does not do vehicle emissions testing, although they're trying to get it passed. I guess that means it's ok more me to get the platinum version that supports custom tunes.
Looking forward to surfing talking on this forum in the future.
The way I see it, as long as the tune does not disable emission systems and allows the monitors to successfully complete without codes it should pass. When my IL emissions was due I passed but if I ran the tune that was supplied by my original tuner I would have failed as they disabled the rear o2 sensors and also deactivated some of the DTCs.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Alabama!
We are fortunate enough to not have testing here......for now.:rolleyes:
So, I would not know what effect this would have on it.

·
Registered
2019 1320 ScatPack PBM
204 Posts
Ive been using same set-up for over 2 years on my 1320 and previously my 2010 R/T 5.7...in mid-Michigan area...we've never had emissions testing ...yet. If the legislature works as fast on passing that as they do everthing else, I wouldnt worry about it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts