Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a tuner for my challenger mods so far are 2 high flow cats with flowmaster outlaw and bbk cai
looking at the Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner 40415 i work at oriellys and with my discount its 339+tax or the DiabloSport T1000 Trinity Dashboard Tuner and Diagnostic Tool witch would be better heard you cant custom tune with bulldog but dont see that anywhere and nothing about diagnostic tool like the diablo shows, any sugestions

hers the car

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Diablo all the way. You will want a custom tune. They really know what they are doing at Diablo, they've worked on our car for years.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Let me give you a word of caution just so you are aware as i wasn't till YESTERDAY ( now i have to spend more money )

If you get a diablo and have a custom tune done.. whatever device you get aka intune trinity ect. the tune only works for THAT TUNER.. i had a intune.. well come to find out the tune don't work for a TRINITY.. so guess what i get to spend more money on.

it would have been nice to know that in advance... guess i should have been smarter and asked but i just assumed and you know what that gets you..

chris

Reactions: OmahaRumble

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Let me give you a word of caution just so you are aware as i wasn't till YESTERDAY ( now i have to spend more money )

If you get a diablo and have a custom tune done.. whatever device you get aka intune trinity ect. the tune only works for THAT TUNER.. i had a intune.. well come to find out the tune don't work for a TRINITY.. so guess what i get to spend more money on.

it would have been nice to know that in advance... guess i should have been smarter and asked but i just assumed and you know what that gets you..

chris
i seem to recall speaking to you yesterday....why would you have to spend more money on this?

I'll redo the tune for you for free if you send them to me, I simply advised having the tuner do it for simplicity.
It takes all of 23 seconds to do :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Un-married ds tuners are for sale all the time on different forums. Find ur price point and I'm sure you will find one. Diablo is the way to go for tuners...u won't be disappointed!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So warrenty isnt covered with it like that never knew good to know what is the price found them for 499 seemed to be average

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
i seem to recall speaking to you yesterday....why would you have to spend more money on this?

I'll redo the tune for you for free if you send them to me, I simply advised having the tuner do it for simplicity.
It takes all of 23 seconds to do :)

well mike i wish i would have known that before i just spent AND ADDITONAL 150 BUCKS TO ARRINGTON since i called WYATT AND ASKED HIM TO RE WRIGHT IT AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD FOR 150.00.. they wouldn't do it for free. so now that makes this tune 500 bucks

can you say BENT OVER THE COALS.
and yes you did talk to me

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
IMHO no tuner is worth it unless you're going to make major changes to the car like cams and such that will require radically different tuning. Other than the convenience of being able turn off MDS on my 5.7, I found the Trinity to be pretty much worthless in the power gains department - especially at $600.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
well mike i wish i would have known that before i just spent AND ADDITONAL 150 BUCKS TO ARRINGTON since i called WYATT AND ASKED HIM TO RE WRIGHT IT AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD FOR 150.00.. they wouldn't do it for free. so now that makes this tune 500 bucks

can you say BENT OVER THE COALS.
and yes you did talk to me
Sorry to hear that. Maybe he didn't realize you just needed a new copy of the same tune you already had?
I'd follow up :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I did he said they had to RE RIGHT the tune.. aka bend over..

i told him he new exactly what was going on.

oh well par for the course in my life.. pay the piper..

sorry to get off topic

1 - 20 of 22 Posts