Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Streetsideauto.com $272 to your door. I never heard of them so I got mine from Maryland speed $279.95 to the door.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
That's an extra $30 ..Mine still doesn't work but Diablosport is sending me a new cable. It isn't the Predator because you can hook it up to a serial port and it will work. From what I've heard after I got mine it might be better to get a USB to serial kit from computer people instead of the interface you buy with the kit. You don't need that interface unless you want to save your original tune to your computer or have custom tunes emailed to you.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Streetsideauto.com $272 to your door. I never heard of them so I got mine from Maryland speed $279.95 to the door.
There as some good deals out there, but watch out for the guy's asking up to $350. I paid $275 at a local speed shop.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
That's a good deal but it would have been more expensive because of sales tax. I would have bought it local any way but here it was $200 more than on line.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That's an extra $30 ..Mine still doesn't work but Diablosport is sending me a new cable. It isn't the Predator because you can hook it up to a serial port and it will work. From what I've heard after I got mine it might be better to get a USB to serial kit from computer people instead of the interface you buy with the kit. You don't need that interface unless you want to save your original tune to your computer or have custom tunes emailed to you.
Itzrick,
Was it easy to install?
I'm no reall computer wiz so just wondering.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
This is a paragraph I copied from MarylandSpeed about the Diablosport answering your USB Interface Kit question.

It is STRONGLY recommended you purchase the Diablosport USB Interface Kit (PT# U7778) via the Dropdown above. Some Hemi vehicles require a calibration update out the box to install the Predator. This interface kit is used to install the calibration update (CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS) on the Predator along with firmware updates. If you do not purchase the interface kit and have to purchase it later, it will cost you more money whether you buy it online or your local electronics store).

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
It also depends on your computer. That interface is only needed if you have to use your USB port as a comm port. You can use a straight thru 9 pin to 9 pin cable.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
The predator is real easy to use. Just hook the cable that's attached to the predator to the port by your steering colum and tell it what you want to do. If you have a problem just PM me or you can contact their very helpful forum and customer support group.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It also depends on your computer. That interface is only needed if you have to use your USB port as a comm port. You can use a straight thru 9 pin to 9 pin cable.
OK I'm really not getting that :scratchhead:
I thought all you had to do was plug the thing into the car and pick a tune...... guess it's more complicated than I thought.... Yikes

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
No it is easy like you said, the 9 pin thing I was talking about was if you don't use the interface cable. That has nothing to do with tuning the car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Latest Jegs has the Challenger Diablosport for $299.99 and the interface kit for $39.99. Latest Jegs I have is the one with the PCP Challenger on the front. (Page 89, top left)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts