Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen alot of talk on here about predators voiding warranties so I emailed them and this was their response.
No, there is no concern with the warranty.
If you go to the dealer for any reason, simply reinstall the factory tune to the PCM.

Thanks

Mike Litsch
DiabloSport, Inc.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ive seen alot of talk on here about predators voiding warranties so I emailed them and this was their response.
No, there is no concern with the warranty.
If you go to the dealer for any reason, simply reinstall the factory tune to the PCM.

Thanks

Mike Litsch
DiabloSport, Inc.
So once we switch back to the factory tune, dodge wont be able to see that we altered with the computers? I just purchased my 2013 srt8 in October 2014 and still have about 17 months left under the 36,000 miles 3 year warranty and wanted to ride it out as long as possible but if Dodge cant tell that I messed with the computer then looks like Christmas will come early for me.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Dodge can find out anything if the wanted to and look hard enough or have a reason too.

The tuner wont void the warranty but can cause a restriction if they believe it caused the problem.

Also a reason to restore it to factory before taking it in is incase they plug your car in for a software updated you can be locked out of the tuner and have to have DS unlock it.

To me this whole tuner vs. warranty seems like the Bigfoot mystery a lot of i know a guy or i heard but no actually hard proof.

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
if we want to know, we will, there is a number of ways to tell, time counter, fuel economy, number of flashes, the pcm counts the flashes, so every time you upload or download the tune, the pcm adds one count, in many cases will actually set a code
Luke

ps, to further that every time we connect to the vehicle, Chrysler sees every thing we see,

·
Premium Member
9,358 Posts
if we want to know, we will, there is a number of ways to tell, time counter, fuel economy, number of flashes, the pcm counts the flashes, so every time you upload or download the tune, the pcm adds one count, in many cases will actually set a code
Luke

ps, to further that every time we connect to the vehicle, Chrysler sees every thing we see,
I wish we were back in the 60's and 70's, all this electronic nanny stuff is over the top.
In years past I could build and stuff whatever motor I wanted into the cars of my choice, just wire it and go.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Luke

So it looks like I need to make a friend at the dealership who will help me out lol thanks for information. I just wish my warranty would be over so I wouldn't have to worry about voiding it with different mods but then again it's nice to have it in case of an emergency

·
Vendor
12,262 Posts
most dealers will use common sense when there is an issue, a well looked after vehicle that does not look abused, there is some give and take,

but you need to remember speed cost money and if you race or abuse the car sooner or later it will fail, depending on the severity of the abuse, maybe sooner than later,

Luke

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
A pretty old thread but dealerships don't determine if a warranty claim will be honored, the manufacturer does.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts

I wish we were back in the 60's and 70's, all this electronic nanny stuff is over the top.
In years past I could build and stuff whatever motor I wanted into the cars of my choice, just wire it and go.
And you still can but now you need a computer. You also did not get a 100,000 mile drive train warranty and a 475 hp car that can do a low 12 second pass (granted in automatic) a 100 times in a summer w/o issue and then 24mpg driving home.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
And you still can but now you need a computer. You also did not get a 100,000 mile drive train warranty and a 475 hp car that can do a low 12 second pass (granted in automatic) a 100 times in a summer w/o issue and then 24mpg driving home.
Don't forget, to have the AC on during the drive home.
I did not like the days when I drove the 440 Cuda in 90 degree weather very much.
Oh yah, I sold it to get the Challenger. :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts