Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I have a Diablosport Trinity 2 with EAS (starter and 5v analog) for displaying and logging AFR. When I set the cables up initially, the T2 prompted me to configure EAS before I even had it plugged in to anything else. Flash forward a couple weeks and now we have an LC-2 hooked up and splitting one output to a Nitrous Outlet Promax that displays the AFR perfectly and one to the T2/ EAS. However, now the Trinity won't even register EAS as being plugged in. I know not many people have run into this issue, or really even use the configuration, but if anyone has any input or similar cases, I'd love some ideas for a solution. And no, switching to HPT isn't feasible for right now. TIA

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
Hey, all. I have a Diablosport Trinity 2 with EAS (starter and 5v analog) for displaying and logging AFR. When I set the cables up initially, the T2 prompted me to configure EAS before I even had it plugged in to anything else. Flash forward a couple weeks and now we have an LC-2 hooked up and splitting one output to a Nitrous Outlet Promax that displays the AFR perfectly and one to the T2/ EAS. However, now the Trinity won't even register EAS as being plugged in. I know not many people have run into this issue, or really even use the configuration, but if anyone has any input or similar cases, I'd love some ideas for a solution. And no, switching to HPT isn't feasible for right now. TIA
You may have some luck posting this question over DiabloSport’s forum. The participation over there is spotty in my experience, but it can’t hurt to try (free to create a member login to allow posts).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may have some luck posting this question over DiabloSport’s forum. The participation over there is spotty in my experience, but it can’t hurt to try (free to create a member login to allow posts).
So funny story, my account over there went inactive and the site says to contact a moderator. But I can't contact a mod because I can't log in to my account. Derp. HP is looking better and better every day.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,433 Posts
So funny story, my account over there went inactive and the site says to contact a moderator. But I can't contact a mod because I can't log in to my account. Derp. HP is looking better and better every day.
Did you search the forum for any info as well?

That forum has truly helped me out of jams a couple times in the past, but honestly every time it helped me was because I found someone else’s thread that had the answer.

I’ve never had much luck posting up a question and getting an answer that did the trick for the problem.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
970 Posts
I have catless mids and wideband uninstalled until next race season so can't research exactly how I got the PLX to work but if I recall just needed 0-5v analog from wideband connected to the yellow wire (I think) in the EAS harness. After that select EAS settings on the T2 and configure for LC-2 by selecting it or if it is not a selection define the voltage output to AFR (The voltage to AFR range should be posted somewhere in the LC-2 information) After that return to T2 and set up a gage to read EAS.

Not sure what I just said is perfectly accurate but hope it gives you some ideas to start poking around until you get it working. I do remember the instructions were not real helpful and I kind of stumbled on the solution. Hope some of this is useful.

·
Registered
‘18 Scat Pack 6 speed Magnuson blower
24 Posts
I had to reboot the T2 and then it saw that there was an EAS device connected and allowed me to configure my AEM wideband. Maybe try disconnecting the EAS cable and reboot, then connect the cable and if doesn’t see it, leave it connected and reboot again. I don’t think there are really any good instructions on this, just trial and error kind of stuff. Then you can set up a gauge on the T2 and log it along with your other PIDs.

I just re-read the original post. Are you splitting the analog output from the wideband controller between the T2 and another device? If so, that could cause problems like ground loops and other gremlins. Also make sure that little round cap is seated completely on the EAS 5 pin connector. I believe it’s a termination resistor and there is some sort of A/D converter and a multiplexer in there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how did you connect wires?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts