Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am based in the UK and looking at buying the Diablosport Trinity T-1000 for my 2009 SRT8.

Currently I have no mods other than a K+N filter (NOT CAI), and resonator delete.

Will I see any performance gains via the Trinity?

Looking to purchase a CAI at the same time.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
The tunes that it comes with will basically "wake" your car up. You will notice a difference. That tuner is a great tool to have, especially if you plan on continuing with performance upgrades.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
^^^What he says. It makes the car feel a lot different. Does it actually increase HP and lower ET - can't say.
One thing I did find with my 6.1 is that it pulled timing even with 93 octane fuel. Worse with some brands so the Trinity was worthwhile just to datalog and find the best available fuel.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,060 Posts
Hi, I am based in the UK and looking at buying the Diablosport Trinity T-1000 for my 2009 SRT8.

Currently I have no mods other than a K+N filter (NOT CAI), and resonator delete.

Will I see any performance gains via the Trinity?

Looking to purchase a CAI at the same time.

Thanks
The Trinity tuner isn't a performance mod all by itself (same goes for the inTune, i2, etc.), but you can use it to load/run a hotter tune, which is a performance mod. It will come with a few canned tunes, all of which should add some performance, but you have to be able to buy/run gasoline that has the required minimum octane for the canned tune being loaded. If you can run the hottest canned tune available on the Trinity (93 octane tune), you should see low double-digit increase in performance, e.g. 15-20 HP at redline.

Given your location, the whole octane thing may be a bit of a pain to get straight at first. Their minimum octane numbers are going to be the US version, which is AKI, as opposed to how UK's octane is expressed, which is RON. So you'll have to make sure to do the conversion from RON to AKI first to know whether or not the gasoline you're buying meets the minimum requirement, but I suspect once you've done it a few times, it will be easy enough to remember.

IIRC, you can multiply the RON number by 0.95 to get the AKI number, so for the 93 octane tune, you would need to buy gasoline that's at least 98 RON. And for the 91 octane tune, you would need to buy gasoline that's at least 96 octane RON.

No matter what tune you run, or even if you do not run a different tune, I would strongly suggest getting to know the datalog capabilities of the tuner very well. It is by using that functionality (to generate datalogs while driving) that you can verify the efficacy of the tune you're running or any mod you might install, like a CAI.

ABD - Always Be Datalogging! You won't regret it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts