Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 challenger r/t. I installed the Trinity tuner and I was using the 93oct with a few mods to the wot and I loved it. I always kept my traction control off and I was able to set my tire size. It never let me mess with the transmission stuff, I just figure it is because my car is standard.
Anyway, the other day I decided to unplug it and update it, which was sort of a nightmare. I did the original backup on my car, brought the tuner to my pc, and updated it. when I plugged it back in it wouldnt let me do anything it said that there was already a trinity tune installed and I had to call in and get them to help me over the phone. which they told me to do somethings, gave me a code, made me update it again, and do some calibration thing. after that, I plugged it in and it allowed me to install a tune. blah blah blah... all that works fine.

After that i tried to disable traction control and it did something it has never done which it asked me to turn the key off like i was installing a new tune. I found that odd. I went through the steps and then it told me it was unable to update traction control. Everything in the quick tune menu (or whatever its called) will not work. I tried to edit tire size and it said something like it cant find the tire parameter. same goes for the transmission stuff.

I have tried everything I can think of. Even tried updating it again. and still nothing. I checked fuses just incase something with the abs was messed up. I cant figure it out.

HELP please!?

thanks to all of you!

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
2011 challenger r/t. I installed the Trinity tuner and I was using the 93oct with a few mods to the wot and I loved it. I always kept my traction control off and I was able to set my tire size. It never let me mess with the transmission stuff, I just figure it is because my car is standard.
Anyway, the other day I decided to unplug it and update it, which was sort of a nightmare. I did the original backup on my car, brought the tuner to my pc, and updated it. when I plugged it back in it wouldnt let me do anything it said that there was already a trinity tune installed and I had to call in and get them to help me over the phone. which they told me to do somethings, gave me a code, made me update it again, and do some calibration thing. after that, I plugged it in and it allowed me to install a tune. blah blah blah... all that works fine.

After that i tried to disable traction control and it did something it has never done which it asked me to turn the key off like i was installing a new tune. I found that odd. I went through the steps and then it told me it was unable to update traction control. Everything in the quick tune menu (or whatever its called) will not work. I tried to edit tire size and it said something like it cant find the tire parameter. same goes for the transmission stuff.

I have tried everything I can think of. Even tried updating it again. and still nothing. I checked fuses just incase something with the abs was messed up. I cant figure it out.

HELP please!?

thanks to all of you!
When it says to cycle the key (on/off), don't do it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Spoke to diablo in September. They had me update all kinds of versions on my tuner. It's a bug that they can't figure out or more like they don't care about. We went back and forth for days emailing and calling and finally the guy says that he'll forward my info and issue to their Chrysler department to work on and that was in September. I've NOT heard a thing from them since.
I was able to download my custom tune from hemifever just fine. But I wanted to change the tire size and I'd get the error message as you're getting. Spoke to Sean at hemifever about it and he said no big deal. It doesn't affect the tune. So I left it alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the same boat as you. Spoke to diablo in September. They had me update all kinds of versions on my tuner. It's a bug that they can't figure out or more like they don't care about. We went back and forth for days emailing and calling and finally the guy says that he'll forward my info and issue to their Chrysler department to work on and that was in September. I've NOT heard a thing from them since.
I was able to download my custom tune from hemifever just fine. But I wanted to change the tire size and I'd get the error message as you're getting. Spoke to Sean at hemifever about it and he said no big deal. It doesn't affect the tune. So I left it alone.
View attachment 133802

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Man that sucks. I don't care about the tire size as much as I care about disabling traction control.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Man that sucks. I don't care about the tire size as much as I care about disabling traction control.
Personally, I would heed the warning they give about disabling it. Specifically, it disables ABS. Do you really want to fully disable all of the safety nets and assume liability should you cause an accident due to disabling them? That could open you up to negligence lawsuits. Just sayin'...

Half-off is more than enough to have fun with on the street. Full-off should only be used at the track, IMO.

I'm running 255/45ZR20 tires and being unable to adjust for tire size is a big bummer for me, happened after the last update as well. I hope they fix it!

Reactions: Iestatic

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally, I would heed the warning they give about disabling it. Specifically, it disables ABS. Do you really want to fully disable all of the safety nets and assume liability should you cause an accident due to disabling them? That could open you up to negligence lawsuits. Just sayin'...

Half-off is more than enough to have fun with on the street. Full-off should only be used at the track, IMO.

I'm running 255/45ZR20 tires and being unable to adjust for tire size is a big bummer for me, happened after the last update as well. I hope they fix it!
Well I only use this car for racing I want everything disabled

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Well I only use this car for racing I want everything disabled

Since you have the 6-speed you don't need the tuner to fully disable everything. Just hold the traction control button down for about 5 seconds while stopped or going less than 5mph, you'll hear a chime and see a message pop up on the EVIC telling you "ESP Disabled." This is the same thing that the Trinity is doing.

Full-off will cancel if you turn on cruise control, hold the button down again while slow or stopped, or after you turn off the engine.

Reactions: Iestatic

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

:( I wish my traction control button worked. This car was rebuilt from being wrecked and since then the button doesn't work. I don't know why

·
Registered
85 Posts
ESP

Since you have the 6-speed you don't need the tuner to fully disable everything. Just hold the traction control button down for about 5 seconds while stopped or going less than 5mph, you'll hear a chime and see a message pop up on the EVIC telling you "ESP Disabled." This is the same thing that the Trinity is doing.

Full-off will cancel if you turn on cruise control, hold the button down again while slow or stopped, or after you turn off the engine.
Not sure on all years but on a 2013 srt you can fully disable ESP on the A5 transmissions too. Long as you hold it for 5-10 seconds. (Or at least on mine I can)

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
As far as I know, all 2011+ SRT8s can do this, the confusion for some comes with the R/T, auto vs manual, STP vs non. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
This is how my 2012 R/T works:

1)When press my ESC the light comes on in my EVIC telling me ESC is off, I press it again it turns it on which means the light goes off..

2) now when I press it and hold it down for 10 sec the light comes on in my EVIC again telling me the ESC is off, *here is the tricky part that I've noticed: if I just press the ESC again to turn it "on" nothing happens no light or nothing in the EVIC or the ESC button... anyone have a clue I sure don't?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fan-of-Dodge-Challenger/446115108789757

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

HELP please!?

thanks to all of you!

So, I called them and it turns out I needed to backdate my tuner to the old firmware and it works again. Also, buying a new switch for the traction control. Hopefully that fixes it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts