Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the issue:

I was attempting to tune my 2012 SRT8 with a previously-owned Trinity tuner that was not behaving per the pamphlet's instructions. When I disconnected the tuner and tried to start the car, it was dead. I pried out the start/stop button and was able to start it with the key fob. I now notice that I get a "click" sound when I apply the brakes and the "check engine" light on the dashboard is lit. Anyone have any ideas on how to restore my car to its normal condition?

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Put the stock tune back in or you you have not tuned it yet fine, unhook the battery for a couple min and hook back up. Should reset,
FlatTop

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can you describe what you actually did with the tuner?
Removing the push button is something I'd recommend for any challenger owner when loading tunes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you describe what you actually did with the tuner?
Removing the push button is something I'd recommend for any challenger owner when loading tunes.
I tried to follow the instructions on the pamphlet. First, what I thought was odd was that the tuner bypassed all the preliminary info and instead began the calibration update, which was successful. I then was able to select and save the 93 octane tune. But then I got a message that said "original backup not saved -11". Now I don't know much about these things but it appears to me that the stock tune has been lost.

Later on I installed the start button and the car started normally and the engine trouble light was not lit. However, the idle was running at 1300 rpm, as opposed to a normal reading of about 800-900 rpm.

It would probably be best to restore the car to its stock tune and try again with a different tuner, or this one if it can be straightened out by DiabloSport. What are your thoughts, Mike?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
what you need to do is save the original back up.. then the tune should load. what i would do before anything.. go to the settings.. go under LAST TUNE WRITTEN.. if it says NOT MARRIED.. take the tuner inside.. down load the dss downloader ( if you havn't already ) then plug it in.. let it find it watch the screen and UPDATE THE TUNER.. THEN take it back to the car plug it in. go and load a tune it will ask you to ( or should if i am not mistaken ) save original back up.. then the tune should load after that.

it takes a while so have some time to do this.. also take the push button out and use the key fob.

need anything shoot me a pm i can give ya my number to call

chris

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I tried to follow the instructions on the pamphlet. First, what I thought was odd was that the tuner bypassed all the preliminary info and instead began the calibration update, which was successful. I then was able to select and save the 93 octane tune. But then I got a message that said "original backup not saved -11". Now I don't know much about these things but it appears to me that the stock tune has been lost.

Later on I installed the start button and the car started normally and the engine trouble light was not lit. However, the idle was running at 1300 rpm, as opposed to a normal reading of about 800-900 rpm.

It would probably be best to restore the car to its stock tune and try again with a different tuner, or this one if it can be straightened out by DiabloSport. What are your thoughts, Mike?
I have same issue where it says it cant save my stock tune...it tries twice and then craps itself and says this is common if you do not have stock tune.....why do I feel like I am about to get manhandled by my friggen Dodge dealer yet AGAIN!! I was so stoked to get my new throttle body, thermostat, and tuner...and now I am ready to friggen cry cuz I hate my local dealer....hopefully the Diablo guys are able to help me vice me having to go to the dealer...hoping and praying that tomorrow is a good day!! (their tech support was already closed by the time I figured out all the updating and what not that was required, going from DSDM to the car and back again like 3 times..LOL)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts