Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
A little background before I pose this question: I have worked for few shops that do custom tuning and know that for Ford - SCT is the generally the way to go because it give you the most adjustability when programming, especially for forced induction applications. For GM - HP Tuners or EFI Live are generally the way most people go as, once again, it gives the most adjustability. Now, I know DiabloSport does both Ford and GM and a lot of tuners us DiabloSport to tune both GM & Fords, so I don't wont to come off sounding like DiabloSport sucks and everybody used anything else where possible.

For those of you who aren't aware, SCT is coming up with pre-loaded tunes for the Challenger within the next 2 months.

This questions is more for the custom tuners out there and, even though this is sort of a loaded question, Which tuning software gives you more programming options for fine tuning, SCT or DiabloSport?

Please keep this an an opened minded discussion and not a bash-fest :slap:
Thanks! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
531 Posts
SCT has more adjustable parameters for custom tuning compared to Diablo.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Specifically for the Dodge and Mopars.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Can you elaborate on this? Have you actually seen both software packages and compared a file to see more params in theirs?
Just quoting what my builder told me (Blue Collar Performance). Car was originally tuned with Diablo, car ran fine but as with all boosted modern Mopars I had a lean issue at part throttle boost. Just got tuned with SCT and the lean issue is gone.

Here's a quote from BCP face book page:
"How does the SCT tune compare to the Diablo CMR tuning??"

"Light years ahead!!! Took us 2 months to get it dialed in, to be the first at anything besides landing on the moon isn't always so much fun. So much more to work with in the software."

Please don't take what I'm saying as bashing. Your company has provided tuning options for Mopars when no one else could or would until recent, and for that I have nothing but respect for you.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just quoting what my builder told me (Blue Collar Performance). Car was originally tuned with Diablo, car ran fine but as with all boosted modern Mopars I had a lean issue at part throttle boost. Just got tuned with SCT and the lean issue is gone.

Here's a quote from BCP face book page:
"How does the SCT tune compare to the Diablo CMR tuning??"

"Light years ahead!!! Took us 2 months to get it dialed in, to be the first at anything besides landing on the moon isn't always so much fun. So much more to work with in the software."

Please don't take what I'm saying as bashing. Your company has provided tuning options for Mopars when no one else could or would until recent, and for that I have nothing but respect for you.

>>>Zman I looked on BCP websight i see nothing about SCT? is this super charged tune?

·
Registered
531 Posts
>>>Zman I looked on BCP websight i see nothing about SCT? is this super charged tune?
Yes my car is super charged. Haven't been to there website in a while but they talk about the SCT tuning on there Facebook page (March 27th).

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yes my car is super charged. Haven't been to there website in a while but they talk about the SCT tuning on there Facebook page (March 27th).

the web sight does mention SCT but you need at least a seda cold air flow to make it work
ok so i guess it is in house tune not somthing you would get say like diablo?

·
Registered
531 Posts
the web sight does mention SCT but you need at least a seda cold air flow to make it work
ok so i guess it is in house tune not somthing you would get say like diablo?
Not sure what "seda cold air flow" is?

I don't think SCT has canned tunes currently like the OP stated, so Diablo is probably the better option for most that want to upload a tune in there car and go.

For those with higher HP modded cars like blowers, SCT is probably the better choice for custom tuning.

Just my opinion based on what was told to me and the difference I noticed in my car having had both a custom Diablo tune and now a custom SCT tune done by the same tuner..

Reactions: salvy59

·
Banned
697 Posts
Tuners have preferences based on what they work on the most. A Ford shop will tend to try and use SCT on everything and say it is best. A GM shop will tend to say HP Tuners or EFI Live is best. Most Mopar tuners use Diablosport. I went to Blue Collar Performance's website, and they seem to do a lot of Ford stuff, so that explains that. It is basically wanting to use what you are most comfortable with.

So far Diablo has served the Hemi market well and we highly recommend them. We also have a great Challengertalk if you PM us;)

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Im all Ears.
From what im hearing. SCT has a advantage 3 pro racers package,.
It is supposed to have tuning, simular to the CMR. Full control, like be able to scale injectors, turn on and off knk sensors or desensitize them, be able to have control over A/F at PTB (part throttle boost) even TM control, not too shabby.
Trans control, ahhhh dont know. Not hearing much there. So what, I have Tranzformer that works pretty good. ha.
Price, I hear you have to get a tuner, just like we do now. And then it will have some canned tunes. Cold air, exhaust, ect.
Like 400 bucks, Then the tuning software advantage three pro series ,,,its no where where Diablo cmr is at 5g but I seen two diffrent prices so far and one was 799 for SCT software.
Like I said Im all ears, Yep, also heard about z mans car running on that sct software.
FlatTop

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Sct hand held will be available in about 2 months. I was told. Ive seen it. Held it.scrolled through it. It's nice.i don't know anything more about it from what I just said.i was told it will be priced less than a trinity but more than an Intune. Time will tell.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
SCT has a little catching up to do. Nothing on the transmission front and no ability to change tire size yet. No end user customizations via the handheld at this point either. So you can't flip on/off mds without having 2 different tunes to load in.

Reactions: DTru and Blackbird

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SCT has a little catching up to do. Nothing on the transmission front and no ability to change tire size yet. No end user customizations via the handheld at this point either. So you can't flip on/off mds without having 2 different tunes to load in.
...and this is the kind of info I wanted to know! Thank you very much HemiFever! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
So I should be able to disable/enbale MDS as an end user with my Trinity? I haven't played too much with it yet, just installed the 93 canned tune.

Do I just need to dig deeper into the menus and I'll see it?

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Ok, A little catching up to do. I give that to them. Didnt we give Diablo time to get there stuff together. ? And still in progress ??? Sure did and still waiting. Hell i still have a battery drain issue.
SCT there not far away though. And from what there sending me now Im very interested in the furture of the program.
Whats so bad other than the mentioned items above, trans tuning and hand held unit ect. ? ?
If thats all one needs is a simple tuner, then the DS trinity is the tool. Fine, some of us can go further.
For most,, a hand held tuner will be fine. Not all of us though.
I want my own tuneing software. Period....
My choices are either 4000.00 for DCX tuning software or 700.00 for SCT software.
The tuning is with no trans or tire change in the program, no mds control. Mine is deleted anyway.
MANY have asked about DS providing a single user software,, no DS cant do that. Lets say wont do it..
DS has had the market cornered and now there is a choice we didnt have before.
I had been asking about single user cmr for a long time.
I understand DS getting there money back for R and D'''' but come on,,,, 4 g to tune your own pcm WTF.
Was 5 g BTW. for there cmr software from my understanding.
Maybe DS will offer affordable single user CMR in furture now that SCT has tuning. I wont hold my breath.
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
SCT dont have trans tuning. What is it you want from the tcm and trans. I dont know what you have but the MTCM works well in my 09
Is it shift points and adjustabilty you look for ? If so Tranzformer has that.
And if its 7000 rpm rev limiter you seek theres another company who flashes the tcm for that. Why anyone wants that high of a shif I dunno. Unless useing a 5000 stall maybe then. Also the supporting mods needed for shifting so high is a pile of cash.
However the stock rockers and lifters been working up to 8500rpm so far. How many times can it go 8000 plus,,,the heck if I know, its not me doing it. Not my build just one i followed. Could be all snake.
I was just curious what you seek in trans tuning is all.

My order is in and monday it will be delivered. I will then get with there techs and work my way through it.
Not like im going to wipe everything out and start over, there alot to learn. Why Im going to there tuning school also.
If I could of got the CMR for say a grand, i would own it, and I would go to a CMR DCX Diablo tunig school.
I already have been into the CMR that my buddy has at his shop and I will compare the programs next week and check it all out.
He himself is very interested in the SCT also just to see what gives and how it stacks up.
So Stay Tuned,,,,, I will have something to say next week once I play with it all.
FlatTop

1 - 20 of 42 Posts