Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I'm seeing if anyone has a Trinity T2 and what they think about it? The only comments I see are people complaining that they don't work after the firmware upgrade, just seeing if anyone has got one to work and if it's worth the $600 price tag?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Hey All,
I'm seeing if anyone has a Trinity T2 and what they think about it? The only comments I see are people complaining that they don't work after the firmware upgrade, just seeing if anyone has got one to work and if it's worth the $600 price tag?

Thanks!
I just got mine last week and used it to install my custom tune from Petty's Garage with no issues. I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
642 Posts
I've had the Trinity T2 for a couple of months. Have used it to load several tunes from Hemifever and create several data logs. Upon initial use I had to update the firmware twice. Other than that the only concern was each attempt to data log produced 2 log files which I found confusing. I manually named the last 2 data logs which appears to correct the issue with the T2 creating 2 files when the default file name is accepted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It also looks like ebay has another code for today only that's better than the one I used:

PMAY4TH

15% off, up to $100

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,483 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the T2 and the original Trinity?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The whole unit was rebuilt. Tuning is the same, but the T2 has a larger screen for the gauge layouts and more features.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
The whole unit was rebuilt. Tuning is the same, but the T2 has a larger screen for the gauge layouts and more features.
Does it have more tuning features? There is no information about it on Diablo's web site other than promotional hype.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I like mine but there has been problems, it;s a T2 EX Platinum in a 13 SRT8. Tech support said I should use the FOB like a key, not the button. My first load had errors and continous boots. After tech talk everything I installed worked fine. Jay Greene is writing a tune for me but for now I have 91 octane Diablo tune loaded. Car can now get sideways on launch, never had that much power before. Only have had it 3 days so I dont know about data logger yet. My boxer puppy likes the taste of the suction cup & bracket so I cant mount it for now. It seems to load slowly but then I have no experiance that tells me how slow HP and others may be. Overall I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like mine but there has been problems, it;s a T2 EX Platinum in a 13 SRT8. Tech support said I should use the FOB like a key, not the button. My first load had errors and continous boots. After tech talk everything I installed worked fine. Jay Greene is writing a tune for me but for now I have 91 octane Diablo tune loaded. Car can now get sideways on launch, never had that much power before. Only have had it 3 days so I dont know about data logger yet. My boxer puppy likes the taste of the suction cup & bracket so I cant mount it for now. It seems to load slowly but then I have no experiance that tells me how slow HP and others may be. Overall I'm happy so far.
Yeah, I had to pop out the push button to program, but just pop it back in afterwards and works like it did before. Haven’t had too much time to play yet, but have had some small glitches like the unit freezing up, hopefully they’ll put out some patches to resolve.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,129 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, but still no info on what the EX actually allows to be tuned by the owner. The software to tune with the T-1000 has a price tag of $4,000, and my guess is the T2 is no different.
Ooh, I see what you're saying now... The EX comes with canned tunes that allow you to adjust some parameters, can't think of the full list off the top of my head. But if you want full control you'll have to get the CMR software that the tuner shops have.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
642 Posts
Thanks, but still no info on what the EX actually allows to be tuned by the owner. The software to tune with the T-1000 has a price tag of $4,000, and my guess is the T2 is no different.
You are correct. Without CMR software, According to Diablosport Instructions the only adjustable parameters are:
Idle RPM Drive/Neutral, 04‐2010
WOT Fuel 1k‐3.8k / 4k‐5k / 5k‐7k
Rev Limit Drive/Neutral, 04‐2010
WOT Spark 1k‐3.8k / 4k‐5k / 5k‐7k
Tire Size
MDS disable, where applicable
Shift Points
Speed limit
Low Tire Pressure Threshold adjustment, where applicable
Electronic Throttle Sensitivity, where applicable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts