Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts
No.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,869 Posts
This is far fetched (out of the ordinary) and probably pretty expensive but it could be a solution if you're that concerned about heat. Jet Hot (header coating company) makes their coatings in colors. Maybe you could get a color match for the parts that you want done. If this can control header temperatures and also turbo housings, then the sun would be a cake walk! Just an out of the box thought.

Jet Hot Colors.................

Thermal Barrier info.............

Probably gives a new meaning to the term "Ceramic coating" your car.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
724 Posts
If you painted it white...

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I don't know, when I get hot at night, when I am sleeping I usually throw the blankets on the floor in my sleep, same kind of concept isn't it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
How about a engine compartment exhaust fan that they use on inboard boat motors to remove gas fumes?
You can get them in different sizes.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
How about a engine compartment exhaust fan that they use on inboard boat motors to remove gas fumes?
You can get them in different sizes.
The engine compartment cooling fan and the heat insulation application to the outside of the hood and whatever else has been offered up are solutions to a non existent problem.

The hood and engine compartment are just fine as they come from the factory. Any heating up of the engine compartment by the sun shining on the hood is no where near the level of heat a running engine puts into the engine compartment.

The biggest concern with exposure of the hood (the entire car) to direct sunlight is not heating of the engine compartment but the damage over time this will do to the paint and the damage the sunlight will do to the interior of the car.

To reduce the chances of this happening when not in use the car should be parked in a covered parking place whenever possible. Most of the time away from home this is not possible of course most parking lots have uncovered parking spaces but at least at home one hopefully has a covered parking space.

(For other cars I have tried to use an outside cover to protect the car when parked at the office, but the use of a cover brings with it its own problems and I dropped using the cover after not too much time.

Let me add while it is desirable to avoid parking the car in direct sunlight to park the car under a tree for its shade is not advisable. At various times of the year trees shed sap which if not removed promptly can damage the finish. Or birds can rain down mess upon the car. This should be removed promptly, too.

Or plant/leaf litter rains down on the car. The leaves can collect in channels that carry water down and off the car and can possibly form a damn or blockage which can have rain (or wash) water backing up and flowing into areas it is not supposed to flow into.

If there is a parking space under a shade tree and an exposed parking space the best place is the exposed parking space.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts