Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 r/t, 10,000 miles

stored during winters, never seen snow or salt

i like to think i take decent care of the paint and rims. chemical guys and meguire products. dedicated micro fiber towels. i dont live on a dirt road.

noticed the silver portion of all 4 of my rims have a “crazing” or “scratch” like appearence. you can easily see these marks when standing back 5+ feet. did i do this or mfgr defect?

if the consensus is i did it can i polish these out with a da? if mfgr then i will try a warranty claim.

hard to get pictures. fyi i just applied meguire hyper dressing before i took the pics

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dodge appears to have a problem with rims, I had my 2016 RT Plus and 2007 Ram rims exchanged under warranty. My 2015 Ram rims seem to be holding up.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
I can’t imagine anything you could have done to cause that. You should pay a visit to your dealer and get a chat going about warranty coverage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clearcoat failure. I would do a warranty claim.
I can’t imagine anything you could have done to cause that. You should pay a visit to your dealer and get a chat going about warranty coverage.
thats kind of what i thought.......clearcoat failure. ive seen clearcoat failure on my snowmobiles and it looks similar. getting the dealer to agree could be a challenge.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Clear coat failure I know about. I have a set of wheels off a 2010 Challenger that I use for winter driving. They looked good up until 2014. The strange thing is, they didn't look like this when I took them off. This was after sitting in a garage all summer. :icon_confused:

Spider web cracking around the center cap, and a little on the spokes.

For me, I don't care how ugly these wheels are, because I just use them a couple of months a year. I would speak to your dealer about your wheels though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Clearcoat bubbled and peeled on my Mineral Gray ENVY wheels on my 13 R/ T classic. Three of them replaced under warranty. Fourth one never peeled. That was 30K miles ago and no further clearcoat issues.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE

brought it in for warranty on the rims. service guy agreed they were bad but had to have this claim cleared by corporate (oh boy:brickwall:). Couple hours later i got the word that chrysler approved putting new rims on!:thumbsup: i thought this was going to be a “NO” or a pissing match.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
UPDATE

brought it in for warranty on the rims. service guy agreed they were bad but had to have this claim cleared by corporate (oh boy:brickwall:). Couple hours later i got the word that chrysler approved putting new rims on!:thumbsup: i thought this was going to be a “NO” or a pissing match.

Good for you! Bad is bad, those wheels were bad. It would be very discouraging if they gave you a hard way to go.
One for the good guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts