Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack Charger 11.995 first time out stock tune
114 Posts
Nuke what you said above is "The absolute truth". If using a canned tune and good gas look at the other parameters to make sure. Then add fuel to quench the know. But on an I3 it says rich is minus and plus is lean. How can that be? Saw that on friends 19 6.4 tune but "plus" was adding fuel.
Food for thought people. I think that is intentional by Diablo.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,537 Posts
Nuke what you said above is "The absolute truth". If using a canned tune and good gas look at the other parameters to make sure. Then add fuel to quench the know. But on an I3 it says rich is minus and plus is lean. How can that be? Saw that on friends 19 6.4 tune but "plus" was adding fuel.
That’s how it is on all the DiabloSport tuners I’ve messed with (original Predator, inTune 1000, & T1000/Trinity). I think it’s meant to be interpreted like the fuel trims’ output - negative means fuel added to a lean mixture and positive means fuel subtracted from a rich mixture.

The Trinity device I have now at least gives a visual scale with rich and lean labels, so that helps make clear what the parameter change is doing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I agree seen on green goblin, dcx i11000 and i3. But jeez how much fuel to add to quench knock on the 6.4 when it is breathing in 1 degree above ambient ? Down to 2 to 2.5??? Factory tune it wanted 11.2 open loop.

Sorry op maybe off track on your thread.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ckid. I also agree was not impressed with can tune. 91 was not as good as stock. Diablo 93 was aggressive. But as I said above how much fuel to "Add" to quench knock running good 93 fuel? I have an email to a Great tuner to ask how much is necessary to add with Canned tune.

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,537 Posts
I agree seen on green goblin, dcx i11000 and i3. But jeez how much fuel to add to quench knock on the 6.4 when it is breathing in 1 degree above ambient ? Down to 2 to 2.5??? Factory tune it wanted 11.2 open loop.

Sorry op maybe off track on your thread.
That may be something to do with the fuel itself. I’ve been doing a lot of experimenting lately with different tunes, different plugs, octane boosters, etc. and there is some KR that just has no good reason for being there.

That KR is gonna be due to one of two things from what I’ve found - false knock (worm or loose suspension components for example) or stale gas.

The stale gas problem is not one I’ve previously thought about, but after talking to a guy that delivers fuel for a living, I now know it’s a possibility, if not likely when purchasing a gas station’s premium gas.

Hitting gas stations that are perpetually busy is the best way to combat getting stale premium gas, but in the absence of that, buying premium from gas stations around lakes can also help. Evidently they turn over their premium more than usual due to boaters preferring e10 91/93 when e0 87 is not available.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gas... E10. 92 amaco/BP or It 91 no eth??? The stock tune that ramps to 17 degrees of timing only has blip of .5 to 1 degree of knock. I ignored can't touch it. But if this particular car has a canned tune in it the open loop afr is showing 13.15... On stock tune open loop 11.2... According to logs.

93 tune is also 17 degrees max not timing

It wanted a ton of fuel to get to the 2-2.5 St knock...
Any ideas here...
Others may learn here....
Trying to make something happen without going another route.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,328 Posts
Nope, it's the air : fuel ratio. For example, on any wideband 10 (minus) would be way too rich, and 15 (plus) too lean which is the air, and the fuel, which is not displayed, would be 1 in all cases.

·
Registered
114 Posts
And a top dog tuner tells me yes its "Backwards"...
The toona man
Minus is the rich and "Adds" fuel. You guys are really on track.
As the Op went to a custom tune... Now we have 3 guys in agreement saying that to add fuel is backwards in the tuner. So to speak

Wonderful to have a forum like this.
Now can I catch you guys running 11.50's.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts