Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've never seen a kid scared or freaked out by speed or sudden manoevers in a car, hell, they LOVE that stuff

Even spin the car and do donuts or burnouts the kid is going to say that is so cool etc etc

It is strange since kids can be really scared of all kinds of other things (heights, etc)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Personally, I would be to embarrassed to even post this thread AND mention the family was in the car! Geez, what were you thinking man??

·
Registered
864 Posts
Dont beat yourself up, everybodys human, live & learn, its hard to resist with cars like these.

·
Registered
385 Posts
thats what these cars were made for. i took my 89 year old grandmom to 168mph she loved it was laughing the whole time and the wife was screaming her head off.

Sorry but that was funny as hell!

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I try not to act stupid when I have others in a vehicle with me but it has happened, no one has gotten hurt and life goes on. I haven't done anything stupid with people in a long time but people make mistakes... You feel bad about it, no biggie. I would like to know how many people that are throwing stones have actually done the very same thing?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Been there, but my girlfriend ( soon to be wife) is a police officer, she wasnt to happy with me, for my punishment I had to wash her police car and wax it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Back when my daughter rode in the carseat behind me and I would punch the car I owned at the time - Volvo 740 Turbo She would say "Do it again daddy!" She was about 2 at the time and loved it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have seen many posts in here about how family members loved it when you took them on a high speed run. It is not whether they liked it, its about taking their lives in your hands and at those speeds on a street there are too many things that can go wrong.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Remember the pics of those smashed up Challengers? It only takes a fraction of a second whether its you or someone/something else. Enough said.

·
Registered
585 Posts
are we still thrashing Deranged? he's good! well then another one of my kapers I was a second owner of a 70 Olds 442 455 W31 4spd young n full of piss, at a great party off station friends house wintertime way up North, peeps wanna run naked accross the live bowling alley TV show in town. My car is picked, soz, drop him off only wearing a AF overcoat which he took off as he departed and ran into side door, I railed round the front and picked him up there. On the way home once we figure glory is ours and we're just about to get back to a paataay, he says what would you have done if the cops came after us, I grabbed 1rst and let er eat! smokin grabbed second jumped accross the other side of the street then third and fourth, regain composure and who was parked a side street and chased us to the house of paaatay, yep. We get out he checks the interior takes my Id give me some things to do with my nose and walking, no problem, i'm ok he never looked at my friend totaly naked shoeless with an open AF overcoat let's us go. It's no wonder Iv'e never learned.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts
Did something a bit similar with my wife in the car. Now she won't ride in it. hmmmm...

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
One of my buddies just got his son a used six cylinder Camaro to take to college. New Year's Eve his son was going a little too quick coming over a rise, the tires left the ground just for an instant, and he lost control. The car flipped a couple of times and he hit a tree. I think the pictures say it all. Only God knows how close my buddy came to losing his son.

life changer 01.jpg

life changer 02.jpg

life changer 03.jpg

life changer 04.jpg

EDIT: If you search my past posts you'll find me going 140 MPH "by accident." These cars are "STUPID FAST!"
“As I lay my rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I may keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride! - Amen!!!!”

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Here is something for the hippocrates to think about. Whether you leave you family out of the car or not its just as dangerous. You take your car to the track and put it into the wall at 160 and kill yourself then your family has to scrape you up with a spoon. So dont be a nay sayer especially all of you I see flaming the guy with mass amounts of mods under your signature. You want the car to go fast and it does. Now take the risks or dont. :disgust:

P.S. Remember when we used to sit on out daddys laps and drive the delta 88? Stop being so sensitive!:browsmiley:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Life is short, so have fun while you can.

No judgement here.

Just don't be an idiot and weave through traffic or speed in a populated area. Save it for the country roads, and only in areas with complete visibility, not over the crests of hills, around bends, or anything like that.

IMO speeding is perfectly acceptable if it's done responsibly.

·
Registered
954 Posts
ok ok,im not going to condemn you,when i was about 6-7 y.o. my mom bought a 69 amx 4 spd w/390.her boyfriend didnt mind hammering that 390 hard with the family on board(me and my brother on the back floorboard) remember they had no back seat!,and i have to admit those circus ride type street battles made me into the motorhead i am today! so we will just call your misdeed a momentary youthful indescretion!

·
Registered
123 Posts
One of my buddies just got his son a used six cylinder Camaro to take to college. New Year's Eve his son was going a little too quick coming over a rise, the tires left the ground just for an instant, and he lost control. The car flipped a couple of times and he hit a tree. I think the pictures say it all. Only God knows how close my buddy came to losing his son.

The same thing happened to one of my buddies, only his son was in a Jeep Wrangler that rolled 6 times. He nearly died, was in the ICU for weeks, and still has minor brain damage years later. Having said that, the same buddy and I were in my Challenger briefly doing 130 mph across alligator alley. We had a blast! Is it right, no. But sometimes you just have to go! I have been driving for 27 years and I've probably only done that three times. Fortunately nothing went wrong for me or you. Don't do it again (at least not for several years).

21 - 39 of 39 Posts