Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 R/T with super track pak, 6 speed.

So, I added the Mopar CAI this weekend and am super happy with the results.

Next move I think is the Mopar strut brace. I noticed when installing the CAI that there are six holes already drilled through the box tube on the firewall. They only go through the front of the tube - not all the way through.

First - I am wondering what they were for? They start on the driver side and proceed to just beyond the engine cover on the passenger side.

Any ideas???

Second - wondering if by some miracle the two above the engine cover align with the Mopar strut brace. If I am reading right I would still have to drill through the back of the tube. If anyone has the Mopar bar and can check the bolt spacing that would awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
I have 9 3/4 center to center the 2 holes on the driver side are factory
It's on my 2015 RT plus STP

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
You have to have holes drilled all the way through for the Mopar bar.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 9 3/4 center to center the 2 holes on the driver side are factory
It's on my 2015 RT plus STP
Thanks! A quick check and it looks like the holes above the engine cover on mine are ~7 7/8 center to center.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Those are factory drilled holes. They are there to reduce weight and increase HP.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are factory drilled holes. They are there to reduce weight and increase HP.
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

That begs the question as to why the hell they didn't engineer the holes in the strut brace to align?:|

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

That begs the question as to why the hell they didn't engineer the holes in the strut brace to align?:|

That would have taken some thought process.....................like two seconds worth.

I thought the same when I went to install my Mopar brace on my '16 SP. I had to shake my head and chuckle. Something that could have been SO simple to do, make the holes fit the brace spacing! LOL

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would have taken some thought process.....................like two seconds worth.

I thought the same when I went to install my Mopar brace on my '16 SP. I had to shake my head and chuckle. Something that could have been SO simple to do, make the holes fit the brace spacing! LOL
Exactly!:laugh2:

So - what are your thoughts on the brace? Worth it?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Yes IMO. The results weren't as obvious on my SP compared to my '10 R/TC, but stiffening up the unibody is a good thing in the long run, especially with the added HP of the 392.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts