Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, has anyone had a problem with the Trinity causing their battery to go dead? Installed my tuner on Thursday afternoon, drove the car to dinner on Friday Afternoon, woke up to a dead battery, took 30 minutes trying to jump it off it was so dead. I did the update before install, only other non stock item is the 180 degree themostat.....New car 2014 SRT in Nov.....

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
this seems to be a problem with the trinity, I just unplug the OBDII when I'm done driving for the day.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes it probably did. There is a way to set it so when you shut off your vehicle it does not monitor ever 30 seconds or whatever the preset is from the factory. Call them and tell them what happened and they will walk you through setting the timer so its farther apart. It happened to me and once I changed the settings it never happened again. Easy fix.:banana:

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Yes, I had this happen with mine until I set the sleep timer for the monitor to 60, now I can leave it plugged in without any issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, going in the morning to mess with some Camaros and Mustangs at Pony Wars, kinda don't want any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts