Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just bought a 2014 Challenger R/T and I noticed that the cold air intake is different than others that I have seen. Did this come stock or is this after market?

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,183 Posts
Aftermarket from mopar performance...….
My car with one also, but took it off for better filter system and colder air.

Reactions: leban86

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,183 Posts

Its about sound and looks. Never seen TRUE HP from any of these

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,483 Posts
How much additional HP is it giving me ...?
In reality, you won't notice any extra performance from the installation of that air intake all by itself.

Some additional HP from that device is possible, but it would require the engine's tune be adjusted to take advantage of any extra air flow the device might provide, and even then, it would only be during WOT operation most likely.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Shaker
104 Posts
Ok so I just bought a 2014 Challenger R/T and I noticed that the cold air intake is different than others that I have seen. Did this come stock or is this after market? View attachment 979380
This can be added as a "factory" option. I have one in mine. It pulls cold air from the driver's side wheel well. I also have the shaker hood that connects to the air box for cold air from above the hood. Plus I have the Hellcat headlight intake tube for even more cold air. lol
All genuine Mopar add-ons.
I wouldn't swap it out since you won't get any noticeable gains by switching to a different CAI. Just keep the filter clean. I deep clean mine every oil change.

I'm thinking about installing a supercharger that will work with the shaker

·
Registered
448 Posts
I definitely noticed gains and louder exhaust just from my k/n
I see that thankfully the mods took care of this individual, but for historical record - false - this is not possible.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
I see that thankfully the mods took care of this individual, but for historical record - false - this is not possible.
There are a hundred butt dynos out there that say it does. Only problem with the butt dyno is it can’t print out a slip to back up its owner’s claims...well, that and the whole inaccuracy/untrustworthiness aspect.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,420 Posts
Could that have been a Mopar edition Challenger, then it could be "stock"?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Looks like the best option before a hellcat headlight intake setup. OP i would stick with it as most open sir systems dont seal away extra heat like yours does. Factory knocked it out of the park along with the hellcat box

·
Registered
15,841 Posts
Could that have been a Mopar edition Challenger, then it could be "stock"?
Yes, the Mopar 14 or one of the numbered Shakers built in 2014 would have been delivered with that open airbox.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 Challenger 6M- Brilliant Black, 426 stroker, Hellcat rear cradle, ZF 3.90 diff, DSS 1 piece
1,265 Posts
A long time ago a lot of us did dyno comparisons on CAIs, headers, etc.,
The "gains" range from 0 to 10 hp, which is not noticeable on a 4000 pound vehicle.
Custom tuning is not required to realize said gain as the minimal increase in air charge is still within the parameters of the stock tune.

·
Banned
173 Posts
You would notice a difference if you lessened exhaust restriction via headers and/or high-flow cats. i.e. Intake and exhaust work together.

·
Premium Member
8,483 Posts
Intake and exhaust work together.
<nuke reads this sentence and thinks to himself, ‘no shit! One sucks and the other blows!’>

<nuke suddenly starts thinking about that night back in college with those two freshman girls, and he is visibly overcome with sadness those days are behind him>

<Mrs nuke notices the sudden mood change and inquires as to what’s wrong>

<nuke snaps back, ‘when are you going to get a hot girl friend you can start bringing around that also has boundary issues and lacks inhibitions??’>

Hey @Sweet Orange Hemi, you just got me slapped by my wife!! Maybe ease up with the sex talk, huh?!?

·
Banned
173 Posts
<nuke reads this sentence and thinks to himself, ‘no shit! One sucks and the other blows!’>

<nuke suddenly starts thinking about that night back in college with those two freshman girls, and he is visibly overcome with sadness those days are behind him>

<Mrs nuke notices the sudden mood change and inquires as to what’s wrong>

<nuke snaps back, ‘when are you going to get a hot girl friend you can start bringing around that also has boundary issues and lacks inhibitions??’>

Hey @Sweet Orange Hemi, you just got me slapped by my wife!! Maybe ease up with the sex talk, huh?!?
:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts