Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Did you or have you ever named a car that you have owned?

• Yes

• No

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
22' SPWB F8 Green: Hellcat lower air box/ceramic tint/ceramic coating
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as to who gives their car names or not. I generally do not, but there have only been two cars of the many I've had that have ever gotten a name. My first one was for a 1996 Subaru wagon with some STI upgrades, she was a ruby red color, so Ruby just fit. Plus all my friends called her that lol. My second time ever naming a car was more help from my wife, and that would be my 2022 SPWB M6 that we have named, IVY. Its still growing on me, but would like to know what if you have named your car or other what those names are.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Redeye WB
352 Posts
No. I’m not 17 anymore lol. I always cringe when I hear someone call their car by a name for some reason. Although if a woman does it, it doesnt seem to bug me as much lol.

·
Registered
22' SPWB F8 Green: Hellcat lower air box/ceramic tint/ceramic coating
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. I’m not 17 anymore lol. I always cringe when I hear someone call their car by a name for some reason. Although if a woman does it, it doesnt seem to bug me as much lol.
right!! I don't think I would have named my current car unless my wife brought it up.

Reactions: Slowpoke392

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have noticed that some guys like to name their cars.

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
374 Posts
Never have been one to name them but I do respect them enough to know they have personalities so I'll talk to them "Alright, got you taken care of so wait for a bit before you ***** & moan about something else" lol

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
721 Posts
I haven't named my scatty but I did give it a title. she's The Ruiner because after that first drive, I was ruined for wanting to drive any other car than a Challenger.
Looks like you've named it twice!

Yes I'm a freak and have given my vehicles a persona.

I don't use their "names" when talking with other people about them at that point they do become the Pontiac, the Challenger and my truck.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
My wife named our car GG = Green Girl, so when she was getting pinstripe , the lady ask my wife the name of the car so there it was GG !!
I was good with it everything I added in mods she has not said a word , there been a lot !! in fact my wife insisted on getting the coolant tank painted, So GG stayed on
Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille Hood

Reactions: MischiefAtLarge

·
Premium Member
5,445 Posts
Belle III, she's my third Challenger!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,150 Posts
I think I may have considered different names for cars over the years but never actually committed to any. I don't get too emotionally involved with them since I don't tend to keep them for too long and they always seem to get replaced with something better.

Reactions: Slowpoke392

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,626 Posts
Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
32,906 Posts
Mine was named when I got it, kinda cool...it's Challenger

A Guy