Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Did you or have you ever named a car that you have owned?

• Yes

• No

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Plum M6 Scat Pack with Shaker
294 Posts
i once looked at a friend's car for sale, a rusted out Buick. His wife called it the Blue Ick. I was laughing at seeing the ground through the rusted out trunk and the ViceGrips holding the exhaust on to the frame (ViceGrips added about $10 to the value of the car)... No bid from me!

But I did end up bending my ex's view of my old beater hotrod '70 Chevy pickup (Big Ugly) to Blue Ugly.

One time when I needed a good reliable car to run up a lot of city miles, I went to the park downtown and looked at the taxis going by. Lots of Dodge Diplomats. Found a low-miles Chrysler 5th Avenue, loaded. When I scrapped it after well over an additional 100,000 miles, my kid asked me about The Taxi Car.

I have twice referred to my Challenger as Pack'in, it is becoming a name. It is the plate on it.

Many cars over the years carried names in a sense. The Bonneville. The Torino. All names carried from the maker.

I might be picking up an AWD Charger in a few days. Not sure it will get any other name than the Charger.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I never have in the past but now that I have two Challengers it makes it easier to tell the wife what car we are taking. I never use the names other than for that specific reason.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,150 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,035 Posts
BINGO...

A Guy

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just curious as to who gives their car names or not. I generally do not, but there have only been two cars of the many I've had that have ever gotten a name. My first one was for a 1996 Subaru wagon with some STI upgrades, she was a ruby red color, so Ruby just fit. Plus all my friends called her that lol. My second time ever naming a car was more help from my wife, and that would be my 2022 SPWB M6 that we have named, IVY. Its still growing on me, but would like to know what if you have named your car or other what those names are.
I named my car Dark Phoenix, named after the X-Men character, filled with primal emotions of desire and rage...
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't give my cars names, not even my rifle in basic training. I just call the car by its color or the model. This Challenger came with a badge on the dash displaying its name, so Ol' Number 66 (of 70) it is, but I still refer to it as the "car" or "the Challenger". Why does it need a name? I'm not humping it.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,631 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed
497 Posts
I never have named any of my cars. I pretty much call them what the factory named them. I once said that my 1985 Dodge Shelby Charger was like a Frankenstein monster considering it has parts from 26 other cars. A couple of my friends call the car "Frankenstein", but I still call it the Shelby Charger.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Never have before. But I did name my Scat. But, found out someone here already had that name. So, I dropped it. Want to rename it. Considering "Superman" due to it's Blue/Red color scheme. And the fact that it FLIES! LOL! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Of course she has a name......the first time I rolled a damaged 2009 SRT8 into my driveway, my wife said it sounds like it's growling......from that day forward she was called The Midnight Wolf. I purchased her to make a show car to benefit vets, kids, first responders and cancer research. Over the past four and a half years and hundreds of shows she is still going strong and The Midnight Wolf is also my daily!
Car Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 80 Posts