Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Did you or have you ever named a car that you have owned?

• Yes

• No

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
1,072 Posts
right!! I don't think I would have named my current car unless my wife brought it up.
Even if my Wife brought it up i wouldnt give it a name.

Reactions: 2Marks

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
My wife and daughter named mine Sugar because I never purposely take her out in the rain as if she'd melt.

·
Registered
2022 R/T Scat Pack, A8, Octane Red
106 Posts
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

The wife and I have regular jobs but we also have a home-based T-shirt and Mug business so I've been playing around with our new vinyl cutter (I like stickers, lol). I absolutely despise the chrome DODGE lettering on my car that otherwise has no chrome, so pulled that off and instead of going with the premade Luxe brand vinyl this time like I did on my old SXT, I decided to make something myself. We're FSU football fans (Garnet and Gold colors), so we ran through some possible names and decided on Renegade, which is the name of the horse "Osceola" rides when he plants the flaming spear midfield at home games. I may spiff it up at some point but it'll do for now. So yes, my car has a name. :)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,035 Posts
My car has a first name...it's O S C A R...

A Guy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just curious as to who gives their car names or not. I generally do not, but there have only been two cars of the many I've had that have ever gotten a name. My first one was for a 1996 Subaru wagon with some STI upgrades, she was a ruby red color, so Ruby just fit. Plus all my friends called her that lol. My second time ever naming a car was more help from my wife, and that would be my 2022 SPWB M6 that we have named, IVY. Its still growing on me, but would like to know what if you have named your car or other what those names are.

"Pleasure"

·
Registered
2022 Challenger R/T Shaker. 2017 Ram 1500 Laramie. 2010 Mustang V6 Premium.
183 Posts
I did name my Challenger because it’s my first ever brand new car.
I’ve had lots of new vehicles but this is a Muscle car so yeah.
I named mine Ruby.
I was considering Challenged but I thought it was too mean lol.

My Mustang was named Sapphire but Changed it to Rust-Tang.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
2,359 Posts
My Challenger was named "Satan" by my oldest son who plays in a couple of metal bands. My old Harley is called "Faded Glory" and has been since 1987. My Stingray boat is called "The Boat" .

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
389 Posts
Yep... and I'll explain why.

Black Nissan Maxima = Maxine
Blizzard Pearl Toyota Highlander = Pearl
Billet Silver Dodge Challenger = Shlomo (it's actually based on my Grandfather's nickname. He was like a big old elephant)

Names are 2 syllables or less and easy to reference... "Let's run to the store. We're taking Maxine" is easier than "Let's run to the store. We're taking the Maxima"

·
Registered
222 Posts
After coming from small cars all of my life (4 cylinders mostly) driving the Challenger seemed like going from a tug boat to an aircraft carrier. Along with my background in naval aviation maintenance, being deployed on a carrier twice, I named my Chally Connie after the USS Constellation (not one I was deployed on). It is also "Deep Water Blue Pearl" which plays in with the name quite nicely. It is also called "The Big Blue B*tch" because it just looks (and sounds) mean.

I don't use these names often when referring to my car though. Normally it's just the Chally.

I want to get a scat pack because I want the 6.4 but I'm a bit attached to this thing.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide body A8 in Go Mango
197 Posts
You never forget your first, but I’m quite sure you will become very attached to the Scat Pack also.

Reactions: 2022ChallengerR/T

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,631 Posts
After coming from small cars all of my life (4 cylinders mostly) driving the Challenger seemed like going from a tug boat to an aircraft carrier. Along with my background in naval aviation maintenance, being deployed on a carrier twice, I named my Chally Connie after the USS Constellation (not one I was deployed on). It is also "Deep Water Blue Pearl" which plays in with the name quite nicely. It is also called "The Big Blue B*tch" because it just looks (and sounds) mean.

I don't use these names often when referring to my car though. Normally it's just the Chally.

I want to get a scat pack because I want the 6.4 but I'm a bit attached to this thing. View attachment 1058594
I did two west pacs on CVA-64 (73 & 74), and.................. I did not name my Shaker "Connie"...
Font Event Entertainment Electric blue Darkness

It's name can be found somewhere in this thread though...

Reactions: Yara_Lovejoy

·
Registered
6 Posts

I want to get a scat pack because I want the 6.4 but I'm a bit attached to this thing. View attachment 1058594
I like the blue with the black rims good color choice .

61 - 80 of 80 Posts