Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Did you subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio after 1 free year expired?

• Yes

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Yes but cancelled later

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Not Applicable - do not have SAT Radio

Votes: 1 1.7%

Did you subscribe to Sirius or not????

3K views 29 replies 27 participants last post by  huggytree 
#1 ·
Wondering how many owners have subscribed to Sirius satellite after their one (1) free year?

Any comments or issues, other than the usual of them reconfiguring their channels every few months it seems?

#2 ·
Wait for the 5 month $20 offer. they will call and will mail, be careful if you sign up cuz they will automatically hit your credit card for the full ripoff cost just before you expire again. Oh one other thing the quality pretty much stinks, but you can choose the era of music you like . its the only thing going for them, i'm stuck in the 70"s.

#3 ·
Yes, I have 3, one in each vehicle. Radio is poor in this area and I'm a technological caveman as far as MP3 or 4 or 5, etc is concerned. I like the music and news but Stern can eF-off as far as I'm concerned.

#5 ·
I would agree to wait. I have xm or sirius in all 4 of my cars. they chase you like a bill collector when your sub runs out. It keeps getting cheaper and cheaper with every call. Hard to justify if it's not your daily driver...

#6 ·
I'm not going to renew when my free year is up, I just use my ipod for music, and never use the sirius traffic on the gps

#7 ·
I have no issues of quality. All channels sound crystal clear. If you're in your car a lot, it's worth it.

The trick is to let it expire every time and then wait for the deals to come in the mail, begging you to come back with some pretty decent yearly rates.

#8 ·
Yeah, i wouldn't call $170 a fair price, thinkin more like $50-60.

Oh by the way since they changed the format a few weeks ago my wife's Xm radio doesn't work anymore so we cancelled that one.

#9 ·
Didnt like the quality, so I let it run out...not before receiving phone calls each and everyday two weeks before and two weeks after. I dont answer 800 numbers on my cell phone because why should I waste my minutes. But these guys never let up and I finally had enough of the calls. Called the number back..waited on hold listening to their service (two seconds of static..half second of music). When I got someone, they disabled all 3 ways of getting a hold of me (checkboxes on their screen but your personal info is still there). Six hours later another call (didnt get it...since I was at work again when they call). Called them back an the guy put a note on my account assuring me they will not call again. Next morning while at work.. I missed another call. Called back and they removed my phone number. That should have worked..but nope...another 6 hours later it rang and I was there to pick it up and I let loose on the poor girl. She said that I should have not been receiving the calls, sent the account info to her supervisor and I haven't been called since. If that number is called it goes to one place, but if its calling you its coming from another call center. Obviously the databases arent in sync.

Google "Sirius Harrassing calls". Lots of good reasons to just keep mp3s. I personally just record many hours of Shoutcast Radio from the internet into mp3s and play on the iPod. That's what Sirius should sound like.

#12 ·
I am on the fence about it. I already have XM in my house & my Honda. When it expires I will probably just plug in my iPhone or iTouch for music.

#13 ·
I declined the radio, but kept the traffic. I find it useful in the Bay area, but if I were in an area not so traffic laden, I'd not hesitate about canceling that one too.

#14 ·
I didn't even listen to it when it was free...

I have over 10g of music on my hard drive, what do I need a radio for? :thumbsup:

#16 ·
10g, that's it.. I have more than that on my phone.. :bigthumb:
Start thinking over 110g of ripped MP3's at 320k bps, now you're talkin' :thumbsup:

#15 ·
I let it expire first and then renewed for 25.00 for 6 months. I had them put it on hold and then fired them both up in the spring, as they are summer cars and do not need them in the winter months. The truck is an 11 and still has 6 months on the trial. I probably will look for a deal at that time.

#17 ·
Between Pandora, Jango, Shoutcast, and BeyondPod from my phone, the 30GB HDD, the 32GB USB stick I plugged inside the console, and the 32GB in my phone I never use my sat radio. Traffic updates and weather are better from my phone as well, not to mention gas buddy, trapster, torque, and a dozen other things I'm probably forgetting.

Really, if you have an Android device or iPhone there's not a lot of reason I can think of to send Sirius my money.

#18 ·
Just sayin Luma , sirius sounds like 8 track technology. I'm getting the feel'n never to renew. maybe thats why their stock is in the tank. Y2k technolgy in 2011.

#20 ·
When I purchased the car a lifetime sub was available for $500. After my free year was over Canadians were no longer eligable for the lifetime sub anymore.
I told them where to put it.

#25 ·
We bought our SRT April 2010, in September 2010 I called to see if I could suspend the free 1 year subscription for the winter storage. They said no because it was prepaid, but what she did do was give me 6 months free. To me that is awesome customer service. Will i renew? yes, but i will hold out for the best price. The only time i have issues with quality is when my kids turn it to that rap-crap.

#26 ·
Love it,no issues with sound quality!

#27 ·
I have XM in the house and Sirius in the car. I'd been with XM for some time before I got the car. Between the two I prefer XM. We live in an area where there simply is no decent radio, lots of bleed over from Mexican stations and what local radio there is, is simply terrible. I like hard rock and blues.

I find all the trouble folks had with the recent "switch" interesting because both of my radios automatically reset themselves and I never missed a thing, I didn't need to mess with the presets or anything.

I recently bought an 8gb ITouch on Ebay so I'm experimenting with uploading it and using it in the car. It's a nifty little gadget and I may at some point dump Sirius.

A couple of you mentioned recording internet radio, I wasn't aware you could do that and copy it to the Itouch. Neat idea. I like the random nature of radio.

#28 ·
I renewed it 3 times on my Ram, and twice on my Charger, and I will renew it on my Challenger in Dec. It's more than worth the $$ for the talk radio (Stern, Jay Thomas, Raw Dog, and a couple others) alone. I couldn't care less about the music. Between the bad audio quality (If you can't hear how bad it is, well, I don't know what to say, and a decently run FM station sounds MUCH better!), and the fact is they don't really play anything I like often enough to bother with, it's no good for music, so the HD and a USB drive take care of that. When I called to put the sub over to my Challenger, somehow they thought I cancelled and the calls began coming. It was insane. It took three times to get them to stop calling. I got letter after letter, saying they wanted me back. I couldn't seem to get them to understand, I never left.

#29 ·
I love it especially on long trips so I don't have to search around endlessly for stations. They did switch around the stations a few times, but the presets changed the station number for me so there was no confusion there, so I was impressed with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.