Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the SRT8 was out of my budget even used and only interested in the 392. So I test drove a new R/T auto and manual. I decided I'm done with manuals for everyday driving. Almost bit on the R/T auto...liked it a lot but found a certified '09 Vette (12K mi)for just a little more than a new R/T blacktop.. Vette was pretty much mint..one owner carfax not driven much. New tires on there too. Dunno how long the F1's will last.

Actually I didn't think the dealer would accept my offer for the Vette and after 6 "no's" they said yes. I was ready to walk and get the R/T but I said I'd buy it for the price if they made the deal.....so I wanted to stand by my word. I got $10K for my Milan (what I wanted), so the Vette was $25K OTD after trade. Wrote a check. Cried. Hopefully I'll get over it.

The Vette is faster than the R/T but the R/T is more civil. I've always wanted to own a Vette so I got one. But I KNOW I'd be equally happy in an R/T and would have gotten one if my deal was shot down. Anyway just thought I'd share the experience. See you out on the road.
Some pics from earlier...sorry dark out..not the best quality.

UPDATE: After only owning this car one day, I regret it buying it. Sure it performs but it's really too much for an everyday car for someone like me. I wish I had gotten the Challenger R/T. I may look at trading it if I only have to come up with a couple G's. But more than that and I'll just keep it.

·
Registered
456 Posts
congratulations! I don't blame you a bit. The heart wants what it wants. the only reason I have a challenger is because I always wanted one and got a good deal on a used one. Figured im not getting any younger, I can afford it and now I can say I drive the car I have wanted for years. I don't know how long I will own it but at least now I can say I had one. enjoy your new ride, maybe your next one will have a Hemi.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
congratulations! I don't blame you a bit. The heart wants what it wants. the only reason I have a challenger is because I always wanted one and got a good deal on a used one. Figured im not getting any younger, I can afford it and now I can say I drive the car I have wanted for years. I don't know how long I will own it but at least now I can say I had one. enjoy your new ride, maybe your next one will have a Hemi.
Thanks......right now my heart has buyer's remorse......but I'll get over it. :p I'd be happy with either car honestly. Speed really isn't everything at least to me anyway. As long as the car has some good punch, that's all that really matters. And both cars have it. The Vette is almost overkill but luckily it's fairly easy to drive tamely. I will say this right off the bat.....I think the Challenger is a better built car than the C6.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That is beautiful - love 'Vettes! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I almost need a dribble bib looking at that. That is beautiful! I have always loved vettes. I love my challenger and plan on keeping it but also hope to be able to own a vette someday as well. Drive her and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I had a new 07 C6 in red. Didn't drive it much but I always wanted one. With a vette you are just one of the masses, nothing special even though it's an awesome race car for the street. Traded it for a new 2010 Furious Fuchsia making us a two Challenger family. I don't miss the vette, maybe once in a great while. The Challengers are so much more fun, a true muscle car not everyone has and has been the basis of us starting the challenger owners of las vegas on facebook. Challenger folks are a family friendly group. Bet you trade the vette for an R/T so if you feel like it, just do it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks......right now my heart has buyer's remorse......but I'll get over it. :p I'd be happy with either car honestly. Speed really isn't everything at least to me anyway. As long as the car has some good punch, that's all that really matters. And both cars have it. The Vette is almost overkill but luckily it's fairly easy to drive tamely. I will say this right off the bat.....I think the Challenger is a better built car than the C6.
That isnt your heart....it's your pocket :) congrats brother.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Doesn't matter how many people have one, as long as YOU got what YOU wanted. VERY nice car, I love that wheel and color combination, really stands out. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Had a C5 , think it had every problem C5's were noted for. It got flooded sitting under my carport, sold it Carmax and never looked back.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Congrats, I think one of the best things here is most people appreciate all sports cars, muscle cars, pony cars, old ones, new ones, etc.

I bought an '08 Atomic Orange about 4 months ago, and hesitate posting on here, but it was all good!

·
Registered
598 Posts
With a vette you are just one of the masses, nothing special even though it's an awesome race car for the street. The Challengers are so much more fun, a true muscle car not everyone has...
Funny what geography does. Up here, Challengers are everywhere, doesn't matter the color or style you have, you will see one just like it on the road.
Now, Vettes are here too but you don't see near as many of them as Challengers. With a Challenger you are just one of the masses. :D

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats!
Those pics don't do the car any justice IMO.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you aren't sold on the car check to see if your dealer offers the 3 day return policy. Some do. Nice cruiser!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts