Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a buddy that just picked up a white 2011 RT, a change up from a 2006 charger RT. He is familiar with the standards: CAI, Catback exhaust, Predator tuner.

So he's under the impression (got this from Diablo themselves), that their not done with a predator tuner for the 2011, but the site says the u7135 covers the 2010. Was there that much of a difference between these 2 years? I thought the 390hp 5.7 came out in 2010? If that one is covered, than why not a automatic jump to covering the 2011.

If anybody has a quick gist on the differences between 10' and 11', I'd love to hear it and pass it on. I've also directed him to this forum as well, we'll see if he follows my suggestion. Later folks :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I may be wrong, but I believe the only difference is the 11's have the electronic power steering and the 09-10's do not.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
2011 R/T now has a factory CAI with a new airbox design.
It also gets the revised suspension tweaks (changed components, geometry, and mount points).
I don't know if it gets the new hybrid electrical system or if that's only on the 392s and Pentastars so far.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
They have a differant controller made by another company that's why the tunner wont work not because the engine it self has changed. Are you sure about the CAI? I read the measurements had changed on the airbox but the only ones I've heard of with CAIs were the MOPAR 10s.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
2011 5.7 air intake

The 2011 air intake & airbox is new!!!...The first tip off is that that the goofy silencer was removed off the air intake. The the airbox shape was also changed and it's now sealed to the body which in turn flows more air to the engine with the new lower fascia design.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts