Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2019 GT RWD and I'm looking to upgrade to the 3.64 gears from an early car. Does anyone know if the axles are still the same? I've read that the current cars pull vehicle speed from the wheel sensors so I won't need to tune for the gear change. Does anyone know if this is correct for sure?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,485 Posts
I just bought a 2019 GT RWD and I'm looking to upgrade to the 3.64 gears from an early car. Does anyone know if the axles are still the same? I've read that the current cars pull vehicle speed from the wheel sensors so I won't need to tune for the gear change. Does anyone know if this is correct for sure?
I can confirm that a gear ratio change in the '15 and up cars does not require a tune modification. IIRC it is because the PCM calculates the ratio based on the transmission speed sensor, but i could be off on that one.

As far as swapping out the gears from an 198mm rear end, i don't think that will be possible. The last year those were in service was 2010, and they switched to a 205mm rear diff in 2011.

Reactions: mcm95403

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've since found another member her who did a 230mm swap and only needed R/T axles, so that's they way I'll go. Now to find a 3.92 LSD unit.........

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,485 Posts
I've since found another member her who did a 230mm swap and only needed R/T axles, so that's they way I'll go. Now to find a 3.92 LSD unit.........
Use Car-Part.com to search local salvage yards for Carrier Assembly (under Axle and Brakes) from 2014 and below Chargers and Challengers. One of the options will be 3.92 LSD from either 5.7 or 6.4. They should be the same though AFAIK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts