Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some "baselining" on my 2015 Scat Pack I picked up a few weeks ago.

While doing some reading, I see that the current UConnect version should be a 18.45.XX or 18.50.XX. I checked mine and it showed 18.11.7. My guess is since mine in an "18 series" it is a newer-ish version?

I've also read the some have experienced problems with their car/system after a "updated" version is installed. My car is currently operating very well and no apparent issues

So, my questions are, what was "updated" between the 18.11.7 (what will be different/improved) and the 18.45.XX and is installing the update "worth it" when considering the potential computer glitches?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I second that question, just picked up my 2016 SP, not sure if I should update or not. Google search didn't shed much light

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
Ironically, people had big issues trying to update to 18.11.07 originally. If your is working fine, and no Nav, it may not be necessary. I don't think many had issues going to the latest

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Yes, the 18.45 update was last year at this time to fix NAV problems. If you don't have NAV, you'll be fine with 18.11.

The only thing is, if down the road you do need an update, being behind by a few updates might be a problem. I know I had at least one over the air update which wouldn't have been possible if I wasn't using the latest update. Sooo, I want to tell you guys you are good to stay where you are with 18.11, but I can't be sure what will happen in the future with the updates. :cautious:

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MKErunner-

I've been using my Nav (I picked up the car in Houston and drove back to Dallas) with no apparent issues, so I

I might call my service advisor and see what they have to say. I just HATE messing with computers then they seem to be running correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Thanks MKErunner-

I've been using my Nav (I picked up the car in Houston and drove back to Dallas) with no apparent issues, so I

I might call my service advisor and see what they have to say. I just HATE messing with computers then they seem to be running correctly.
This surprises me. There have been threads on here about the NAV not even being close if they didn't have the latest update. You can do nothing then if all is good.

If you dare, you can do the update yourself. It's a little painful, but at least you aren't going to the dealer. On Dodge.com there is an owners menu. If you go there, you'll see on the left a uconnect update option. You have to enter your VIN. If they find an update, you can download it to your computer. You then have to unzip the file, and copy it to a thumb drive. Then, start your car and put the thumb drive in, and sit for an hour or so as it does it's thing. I've done this a few times now. ;)

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I reviewed the instructions that "A Guy" attached. There was a section that showed the latest update and the older numbers that it replaced. Funny 18.11.7 was not shown---- huh?

I'm not sure it means anything but it confused me anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,715 Posts
As I say, it was problematic in updating to it, and was removed and replaced I believe

A Guy

·
Registered
53 Posts
thank you for all the info guys

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So, It seems that I can not leave well enough alone and I did the new 18.45.XX install. I did it a bit different from the factory instructions as the genius of YouTube helped. I did the download as instructed but I did the update with the car off and with a battery charger attached to provide constant electricity. The process took about 20 minutes and the "settings" indicated the new version was installed correctly.

The NAV indicates that I need to "drive in an open area" so that it can recalibrate. Tomorrow I will drive to work and see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts