Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get my 08 Challenger serviced at the dealer where we bought it, which is about 45 miles from our home. An oil change before taxes is $79.95. With the price of gas going up each day; I checked the price of an oil change at the dealer in our home town. I was told it would be $129.95. When the Challengers first came out, the dealer in our home town was charging between $5,000 and $10,000 above sticker and was getting it, and was selling a lot of Challengers. Where we purchased ours, they were sold at sticker. I guess some people are foolish when it comes to spending money.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
I hear you loud and clear. That's why I went out and purchased 2 ramps. I now save money by changing my own oil in less time than it would take me to drive to the dealer.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my age of 68, and a bad back; I don't change my oil any more.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
nice to have access to those things when you can, but I go to walmart and buy my Mobil1 oil and get a K&N filter, go to a oil shop I trust and pay $20 for a oil change and they even vacuum the car out too.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
...An oil change before taxes is $79.95. With the price of gas going up each day; I checked the price of an oil change at the dealer in our home town. I was told it would be $129.95. ...
Holy crap! Seriously? $79 for an oil change? I had mine changed last week at the local Dodge dealer and it was $31 or $34 and some change. Wow... $80 bucks! Are you putting synthetic oil or something?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holy crap! Seriously? $79 for an oil change? I had mine changed last week at the local Dodge dealer and it was $31 or $34 and some change. Wow... $80 bucks! Are you putting synthetic oil or something?
Yes, I use 7 qts. of synthetic. You have to when you have a SRT8. I have an 08 and they were only SRT8, auto and that is exatly what I wanted.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I paid about $75 for an oil change at the dealer. Was that expensive because I specified Mobil 1.
Yeah, I know. Boned. But I wasn't going to crawl around on a cold (unheated) garage floor in the middle of December. Just wasn't worth the trouble.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$79 is high. Our dealer charges $39 to change the oil and service the car.
I'm sure that the oil change for $39 was not for an oil change for an SRT8. If the oil change was using regular oil for an SRT8, then the warranty may be void.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
before we bought our house, the apartment complex wouldnt allow anyone to change their oil or anything on their property. i had to buy the oil and filter and take it to a shop that charged $10. i usually stood under the car while they did on the lift and BS'd with the tech. now it doesnt matter how cold i change my own. im 25 so i figure its not gonna kill me haha. the garage is insulated but not heated. i close the door, turn the garage radio up and go at it. matter of fact did the 2nd oil change last week

·
Registered
714 Posts
I paid about $75 for an oil change at the dealer. Was that expensive because I specified Mobil 1.
Yeah, I know. Boned. But I wasn't going to crawl around on a cold (unheated) garage floor in the middle of December. Just wasn't worth the trouble.
Cold floor in Hotlanta? No way :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts