Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Differential front support bushing looks like it has seen better days.

I've been under my car the last few days trying to fix a exhaust rattle and also inspect the suspension and drive train. I noticed the differential front support bushing looked a little odd so I took a few pics of it.

I'm guessing this isn't good and should be replaced.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Differential front support bushing looks like it has seen better days.

I've been under my car the last few days trying to fix a exhaust rattle and also inspect the suspension and drive train. I noticed the differential front support bushing looked a little odd so I took a few pics of it.

I'm guessing this isn't good and should be replaced.
With the number of cradle bushing failures on Challengers you should have all four replaced now!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the number of cradle bushing failures on Challengers you should have all four replaced now!!
Eh? This isn't one of the 4 rear sub frame bushings. This is one of the 3 that attach the differential to the rear sub frame. I know of only 2 with sub frame bushing failures, one catastrophic (recent), the other the bushing de-laminated from the inner sleeve.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Eh? This isn't one of the 4 rear sub frame bushings. This is one of the 3 that attach the differential to the rear sub frame. I know of only 2 with sub frame bushing failures, one catastrophic (recent), the other the bushing de-laminated from the inner sleeve.
Go to HOP NOT web page and look at the SRT .

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Stric,

That's the one that sits above the diff and has the bolt go up into the frame, right? It's got a self tightening nut on there that spun on me...real PITA to get off. Anyhoo, not sure if you know but that bushing is kind of funky shaped to start with. It's two pieces, if memory serves me, and has a half lip and is shaped that way. I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you're seeing from the pic's...I'm getting old...LOL! But it's basically an isolator bushing. I couldn't see anything that odd in the pics.

Hit up 31 and see if he's got a different opinion.

HemiSam

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stric,

That's the one that sits above the diff and has the bolt go up into the frame, right? It's got a self tightening nut on there that spun on me...real PITA to get off. Anyhoo, not sure if you know but that bushing is kind of funky shaped to start with. It's two pieces, if memory serves me, and has a half lip and is shaped that way. I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you're seeing from the pic's...I'm getting old...LOL! But it's basically an isolator bushing. I couldn't see anything that odd in the pics.

Hit up 31 and see if he's got a different opinion.

HemiSam
That's the one... the bushing looks a little tore up in places, it's difficult to get a good picture of it. The 3rd shows it a little better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm dropping my car off at Energy Suspension today to get their full bushings kit installed. They are gonna be prototyping the subframe bushings on my car so I'll start a thread when I get it back to tell you guys how it is.
Their kit includes those diff bushings I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts