Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether it makes a performance difference or not, what are your guys thoughts here. ZL1 looks like they are attempting to prevent some air from going up into the back of the body with their piece, but the APR one looks so much better in my opinion. Has anyone felt a noticeable difference at speed with a rear diffuser? I'd like to get one that actually indeed does something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Nubs assumed if you knew you knew and didn't need pictures. For your reference here are the two im looking at:

APR vs ZL1

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Performance aside (not sure these make any real difference) I think the APR looks better. It is less obtrusive and more streamlined.

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T
267 Posts
I have to say I think they both look a little too big for my taste. I went with the BJ's garage diffuser, it has much thinner aluminum fins that don't extend as far out the back. A bit more subtle look I think, but I don't see many others with this style of diffuser so maybe I'm in the minority on this one.
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
610 Posts
Down Force Solutions has a nice aluminum option and are all about the customization now too. Originally the guy created a full aero package meant for racing - front splitter, side splitters, underbody covers, rear diffuser, and wicker bills.

Reactions: Wizard of Iz

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
877 Posts
Down Force Solutions has a nice aluminum option and are all about the customization now too. Originally the guy created a full aero package meant for racing - front splitter, side splitters, underbody covers, rear diffuser, and wicker bills.

I agree.

If I was going to put a diffuser on my Challenger ... it would be Downforce Solutions.

And they're based in Pompano Beach, FL so they'll be easy to reach. They attend a number of Moper-related shows and usually announce a mod tour where they'll do free installation.

Reactions: FL392

·
Registered
4 Posts
Downforce Solutions has a solid aluminum, all welded chassis mounted fully functional version that you can get in some custom colors and custom cut outs very clean
Vehicle registration plate Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Sky Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love the input guys, gonna definitely take a look at the downforce solutions one, I want a for aero kit, was looking at APRs, they are about to release a front air dam for the widebody in 2 months they said.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Love the input guys, gonna definitely take a look at the downforce solutions one, I want a for aero kit, was looking at APRs, they are about to release a front air dam for the widebody in 2 months they said.
Downforce Solutions already has front splitters and side splitters for Wide Body Challengers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Downforce Solutions already has front splitters and side splitters for Wide Body Challengers.
I don't see the front splitters, at least not specific for the widebody. I don't know why its different, I sent them a message though. But the APR replaces the stock front dam not just a splitter.

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Reactions: PrestonRT

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any idea who makes this one?

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
$2,497.00!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
$2,497.00!!!! :eek:
Yeah thats why I'm trying to find where its made. I like that it replaces the stock valance though.

Found it

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
$699.99. That's more like it! (y)

Reactions: FL392

·
Registered
22 Posts
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Im a pretty big fan of the one i found here. It doesnt sit super low, its a few inches, but wraps up the back valance so, too me, it looks like its supposed to be there.

From KNG wraps.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't see the front splitters, at least not specific for the widebody. I don't know why its different, I sent them a message though. But the APR replaces the stock front dam not just a splitter.
They might not have their website up to date because a lady in our local Mopar group has all of their "stuff" on her Wide Body Challenger. She has the front splitter, rear diffuser, side splitters, and wicker bill.

Tire Wheel Cloud Car Sky
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 20 of 22 Posts