Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like title says I need tips on how to properly launch these monsters? Have a Jay Greene tune & LMI CAI running on Pirelli’s P Zero 275/40/20. Going to get 17’s and drags down the line but for the time being need tips. As far as settings, tire pressure, rpms etc?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
A8 or M6?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,650 Posts
Ruby (our 2015 SRT 392) has the same tires on her and I can come out pretty good if I brake torque her to about 1600-1700 rpms and then release the brake. She'll squeal a little bit (but no serious tire spin or smoke) and then once she stops whining, I'll quickly roll into the throttle. Tire pressure was in the low thirties hot.

I've done some tests in an empty parking lot to play around with launches and that's the one that works best for maximum acceleration and minimal tire spin. You could do the same in an empty school lot on Sunday when no one is around and there is less chance of a LEO stopping you from your experiment.

I can't tell you what my 60 foot time is because I haven't measured it but she moves out pretty good for a Big Girl! ;) Maybe the next time I get her out, I'll try the timer on the SRT pages and see what's going on.

Just a suggestion, but I wouldn't want to get you into any trouble.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,320 Posts
There's just not a lot of traction with any street tires and unprepared dusty/dirty pavement. You can't use all the power until at least 2nd gear. You have to go easy on the fun pedal and using the traction control helps in most situations.

Change to good drag radials and you can use most (but still not all) of the power available in 1st.

Try this. Leave traction control full ON. Set launch control to 1500rpm. Follow instructions in the dash for launch control (if your foot isn't on the floor while the rpm holds at 1500rpm launch control is not working).

Should be able to get 4.5-4.7 0-60 this way pretty often.

My best on street tires on an unprepared surface is 4.1.

Best on drag radials on an unprepped surface is 3.6.

Best at the track on drag radials is 3.4.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,717 Posts
Don't rule out trying 2nd gear launches.

Reactions: FreddyG

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
No M6 option on a Charger.
I didn’t notice the car was a Charger...Must have been edited later to clarify, because I’ve never been wrong about anything in my life.🤥

Crap, what am I saying, I’m not my wife, of course I’ve been wrong before...and so has she, but you’ll certainly never get her to admit that!😡

Wait, what were we talking about? 🤔

·
Registered
684 Posts
I didn’t notice the car was a Charger...Must have been edited later to clarify, because I’ve never been wrong about anything in my life.🤥

Crap, what am I saying, I’m not my wife, of course I’ve been wrong before...and so has she, but you’ll certainly never get her to admit that!😡

Wait, what were we talking about? 🤔
Truth be told you do know what you’re talking about as evidenced by your posts. I just felt like giving you a hard time.

Carry on........😁

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
Truth be told you do know what you’re talking about as evidenced by your posts. I just felt like giving you a hard time.

Carry on........😁
I can’t take all the credit for lnowing what I know. I went on a helluva bender back in ‘95, and when I came to, I was on the floor in a Holiday In Express room...wearing a tuxedo t-shirt and someone else’s pants...and it was 1997.

You might think all of 1996 going MIA on me would be the thing that concerns me the most, but it’s not. I want to know who I met along the way that a) wore Levi’s in size 38-40, and b) what happened to them? Where’d they go? Did they have my pants?

<cue X-Files theme song>

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,650 Posts
There's just not a lot of traction with any street tires and unprepared dusty/dirty pavement. You can't use all the power until at least 2nd gear. You have to go easy on the fun pedal and using the traction control helps in most situations.

Change to good drag radials and you can use most (but still not all) of the power available in 1st.

Try this. Leave traction control full ON. Set launch control to 1500rpm. Follow instructions in the dash for launch control (if your foot isn't on the floor while the rpm holds at 1500rpm launch control is not working).

Should be able to get 4.5-4.7 0-60 this way pretty often.

My best on street tires on an unprepared surface is 4.1.

Best on drag radials on an unprepped surface is 3.6.

Best at the track on drag radials is 3.4.
Those are some good times! The time for the unprepped drag radial time is Impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts