Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a dilemma. I've been waiting patiently for my 2011 Toxic Orange SRT to come (still in build status JB) and called a dealership to go look at the color on the R/Ts that they had just gotten in to see the color in person. I love the color. But as I was talking to the salesman, he mentioned that they were also getting and IE in with the same exact options I ordered. My dilemma is whether or not I should stick with my ordered/built TO or go with the IE.

I had the guy pull up a 2010 DWB R/T next to the 2011 TO so I could compare the colors side by side.

The DWB looks amazing, but so does the TO. The only difference I would pay is the $1995 difference for the 392 IE package.

Help!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
The TO is the bomb!!! Wish I had that color.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think I'd spend the extra money and get the IE392.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Both are great colors, but I'd probably have to go with the exclusivity of IE. TO is likely to be like Hemi Orange, they'll be everywhere.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
You can't go wrong with either color.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
I like the TO but it's up to you. Get what makes YOU happy.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Stick with what you ordered.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the inputs all. I think I'm going to go with the car I ordered, since it was my first choice. The wife wants the best of both with white stripes and white leather in the orange, lol.

Insight was showing it to be delivered yesterday...so much for that. I'm guessing it'll be another 2-3 weeks before it shows up.

Speaking with the manager at the dealership, from his experience Dodge will wait to ship vehicles until they have enough to fill trucks and trains leaving for certain parts of the country, thus the wait.

We were coming back from Denver and saw a 70 greenish colored R/T that sounded amazing, big engine and was definitely hauling some a$$. It had a black hood with an area for a supercharger. Does anyone have an idea of what type of hood it was. Looked very sharp. Again thanks all.

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Get the TO. White stripes and white leather sounds great. Besides with the special order the window sticker will say "Built Especially for_____" with your name there. Can't beat that feeling.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Thanks for the inputs all. I think I'm going to go with the car I ordered, since it was my first choice. The wife wants the best of both with white stripes and white leather in the orange, lol.

We were coming back from Denver and saw a 70 greenish colored R/T that sounded amazing, big engine and was definitely hauling some a$$. It had a black hood with an area for a supercharger. Does anyone have an idea of what type of hood it was. Looked very sharp. Again thanks all.
I didn't know you could order white stripes and white interior in the TO SRT...:scratchhead:

Are you talking about the T/A hood?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I didn't know you could order white stripes and white interior in the TO SRT...:scratchhead:
You can't unless something drastic changed recently.

I think what he meant was his wife likes the white stripes and seats but also likes the Toxic Orange color.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Man I wish I had a bigger Garage...I love the TO, perhaps an TO R/T Auto to keep my HO SRT 6spd company on cold winter nights...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It might have been the T/A hood, but I do like the looks of the shaker, too, something else to consider.

Anyone ever watch Burn Notice on TV? The guy drives an beautiful 73 Charger with white leather interior and he manages to keep it pretty clean and according to the TV, any blood that happens to get spilled on the leather seems to wipe up and clean off with no problems, lol.

So the IE guys getting the white seats should have no issues with keeping their seats clean.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts