Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in previous post,,i got a flat tire,,well guess what,, another one !! and the previous patch on the other tire is leaking !! they seem to be very small punctures with no debris found in tires by tire shop
i was there with him so no bs there,,im contemplating on rather to replace the 2 punctured tires with new primacy's or just git rid of them with 4 different brands,,ive always been a continental tire fan
and have NEVER had one moments problem with them,,i drive 50 miles one way to work everyday and dont really wanna go through the doughnut thing again
i had conti's contacts on my Cherokee,,and they were great !!! any advice would greatly be appreciated !!!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Previous patch leaking: every tire man has had this happen. Most likely issue: the patch job wasn't done right. Alert the shop manager and get it redone properly. It should be free. Very likely it will never leak again. And don't fuss over patches. Typically, they don't leak. I think that all too often we obsess over things like this. I've known guys to say, "I never patch, I replace." Can you spell "D-U-H-H"? I've been getting patches and plugs for 47 years of driving and have only had one fail that I know of. Don't replace the tires just because they need one small patch. Give it one more shot. I think you'll be glad you did. Besides, you work hard for your money: give your wallet a break this time.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
IMO ,, 50 miles a day ,on 2 patched tires ,, I would not hesitate for the new Contis
You know it only happens (tire issues )at the very worst time ,, raining ,on highway ,etc

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Are your tires magnetic??

I don't mean to joke around, but you've had some mighty bad luck lately.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done !! ordered the conti's contacts from the local Walmart,,next day delivery,,170 per tire mount/balanced,,[checked for all the stickers on NEW tires--yep all there] 10.00 per for life time rotation,flat fix [oh hell yea]
believe it or not,,they guy was VERY professional
took his time to make sure he didnt jack up my plasti dip [only one slight peeler] already fix with a little touch up perfect again
removed all factory weight and re balanced
inflated all to 30 psi he even checked door label to make sure
torqued all the rims back on [no hammer impact used] awesome
very pleased with the attention to detail they provided
ok ride ?? first thing notice was considerable less road noise right off the go !!
steering just a tab bit tight even with steering set on comfy
bumps in road about the same as mich's maybe just a tad less,,hard to tell right now
and i dont have 6 patches anymore !!!

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Just a FYI......AMERICAS TIRE here on the West Coast and DISCOUNT TIRE in the MidWest (same company) do FREE flat repairs weather you bought the tires from them or not.
They also do FREE rotations weather you bought the tires from them or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts