Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dim tail light on my 2015 Challenger any suggestion on how to fix. I removed tail light housing today but could not see a way to access light. see image drivers side. upper part.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
With that said how many folks here actually check your taillight operation...all you need is a snow brush to wedge in between the pedal and seat

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
I use the light show on the tazer to check my lights. I made modified a program so I can watch them turn on instead of blink.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Not meaning to pull this off topic, but quite frankly, this is one of the reasons why I decided against the Tazer unit. The line lock, Performance Pages and the Light Shows were three of the features that interested me, but I wondered if that would put an abnormal strain on the lighting system with things blinking around in those "Shows" like they do. I'd heard how expensive those rear tail light units were per section and I also heard that you only can access PPages in the smaller screen behind the steering wheel on SXT's. Thirdly, I imagined I'd probably be wasting at least one of my rear tires doing burnouts that didn't really prove anything.

I know the OP probably doesn't have a Tazer installed in his car, but still I wonder how much trouble the Tazer could stir up Warranty-Wise. It would be even worse if you were outside the warranty period and that's what ultimately made up my mind not to get it. More power to those who do have it...I may be wrong about the Tazer unit, but don't want to chance anything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
The only potential issue with the tazer light show is having the HIDs flash (i don't add them to my programs) but the leds are fine. In fact, most led controllers use PWM instead of constant current which is why they flicker when you video record them. Basically over current (applying too much voltage) and heat shorten LED life...pulsing them does not.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The only potential issue with the tazer light show is having the HIDs flash (i don't add them to my programs) but the leds are fine. In fact, most led controllers use PWM instead of constant current which is why they flicker when you video record them.
Ahh...I think I understand. Less of a shock to the LED light system because of that (softer delivery). Now that you said that, I did hear that it might be a bad idea to use Tazer on HID headlights on one of the forums other threads. I wonder how many tail light units could be found in the junk yards..would likely be much cheaper than a new section if he's out of warranty. There are likely some things about our newer '15 and up cars that we're yet to face until we get up there higher on the odometer. Those darn bean counters at FCA may have created a few surprises for us as we ease out of the warranty period, all though I have my fingers crossed that that's not the case!

-------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
If it was me, I would crack open the rear tail light assembly and see if the LED(s) can be swapped/soldered out. It's broken anyways so what i there to lose? I have searched google and have yet to find a pic of one of these newer tail light units opened up. There are a few on ebay used but still over $100...kinda sucks not being able to just replace an led or led strip. The headlight assemblies are ~$600 so if the turn signal or halo led goes out it's time to really pay the Dodge piper. I am just glad these cars have serviceable relays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whenever I am a location weres there a reflection and I can see the tail light I run a quick tail light check. I see the prices about 240. any locations suggestions.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Incidentally the tazer light show is what did in one of my taillight sequencers, it was an expensive lesson

1 - 12 of 12 Posts