Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo - can anyone of you be so kind and tell me the exact (mirror to mirror) width of SRT. My question comes out of the fact my garage gate is 237 cm (93.30") and I am about to buy SRT. According to the official dimension she is 75,7" wide but I am not sure if it is only body or with mirrors?

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
It's about 85.5 inches (7' 1.5") mirror to mirror. If you need more clearance, you can fold the mirrors in.

That will get you through the door, but then you need additional room to open the door.

·
Registered
426 Posts
There's another thread on here that might help out a bit (see below). Not a lot of answers, but some advice I guess. Your garage door isn't very wide (7.7') so if you can't get a straight answer I would go to a dealership and get a quick measurement and compare it to your garage door width. Maybe turning in the mirrors would do the trick. Can't let a narrow garage keep you from getting a Challenger!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challenger-width-mirrors-23666/

Reactions: TPS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's about 85.5 inches (7' 1.5") mirror to mirror. That will get you through the door, but then you need additional room to open the door. If you need more clearance, you can fold the mirrors in.
My garage is 270 cm wide, I think I will be able to get out. If not, I will have to remove dividing wall and go through the adjacent garage ;-)

:thanks:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
... I would go to a dealership and get a quick measurement and compare it to your garage door width. Maybe turning in the mirrors would do the trick.
There is no dealership of Dodge here in Poland. Dodge withdrew from European market in 2011. Only private import will do.

Can't let a narrow garage keep you from getting a Challenger!
This cannot stop me! I promised myself I will have V8 gurgling Dodge in my garage, that is way I bought a double garage in my vicinity.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is no dealership of Dodge here in Poland. Dodge withdrew from European market in 2011. Only private import will do.

This cannot stop me! I promised myself I will have V8 gurgling Dodge in my garage, that is way I bought a double garage in my vicinity.
nothing helpful to add on my part, I just think it is awesome that people are this passionate about these cars that a guy from Poland will go to these lengths to own one!

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
My garage is 270 cm wide, I think I will be able to get out. If not, I will have to remove dividing wall and go through the adjacent garage ;-)

85.5 inches= 217.17 cm

You'll have 26 cm on each side, about 10 inches. A tight fit for opening the Challenger's big doors.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
There's another thread on here that might help out a bit (see below). Not a lot of answers, but some advice I guess. Your garage door isn't very wide (7.7') so if you can't get a straight answer I would go to a dealership and get a quick measurement and compare it to your garage door width. Maybe turning in the mirrors would do the trick. Can't let a narrow garage keep you from getting a Challenger!

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/challenger-width-mirrors-23666/
Look in the corner of his post and you'll see he is in Poland.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I'd get the 392 and move to another house with a bigger garage! :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
He shouldn't have any trouble opening the doors to get in and out if the opening is 270cm and a Challenger is just over 217cm. He'd have + or - 26cm on each side AT the opening. Can't imagine the garage door goes wall-to-wall. It might though. He'll probably have another 6-7 inches (if not more) available once he's parked inside. My garage (albeit NOT in Poland ...) has just about 12 inches from wall to edge of door opening. #SizeMatters

85.5 inches= 217.17 cm

You'll have 26 cm on each side, about 10 inches. A tight fit for opening the Challenger's big doors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts