Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my RGB halo boards on my 19 challenger a month or so back and get weird issues here and there. Started out with them staying on all the time, replaced the relay (fixed it), then I couldn’t change the color of them, replaced the controller box (fixed it). Now they turn off randomly while driving the car, easy to just restart the car and get them back on but gets annoying none the less. I have emailed back and forth with DD support and we are both at a loss to what the issue could be. Anyone else have this issue or find a fix? Curious to see what ya guys think on here! Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,687 Posts
All I know is on my 2015 I installed DD's switch back halo LED board and used their suggested wiring which taps into the side marker feed and it would intermittently turn off my side markers. Told DD about it and they said they did not have this problem on their install vehicle (I believe it was a 2016). Anyways, don't rely on them for an answer. These cars have touch light/led drivers so it could be that the BCM is seeing too high of a load which causes your halo board to dropout. Best thing to do is measure voltages before and after it happens to see if power is being lost before it hits DD electronics controller.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts