Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I surfed around and found a thread that told how to do this, but it almost seems like it was with an ignition key. I have a fob and didn't know if there was specific process to do this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Your FOB is a key, Even if you have a button you can pop out the button and use your Fob as a key but normally you can just not put your foot on the brake and cycle between ACC and on for most proceedures. Here's that proceedure. Do you have the 100 tips and tricks web site link?
Tip:12
Disable Seat Belt Reminder Chime:

Quick Procedure;

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn ignition switch to ON position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about 6 sec’s).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting

(from active to inactive, or from inactive to active).

A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

(This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).

(Full Length procedure and text from the 2009 Challenger R/T owner's manual pages 43-44)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, this is where I went. Maybe I'm just not understanding the steps. I'll reread and try again. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Without your fooy on the brake push once for ACC and a second time for on. I looked at the owners manual and if it's an 11 it's on page 51 and 52 and 10s page 46 but it looks the same as what I put on my post.

·
Registered
677 Posts
In the owner's manual for '12s, there's this:

BeltAlert can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer. Chrysler Group LLC does not recommend deactivating BeltAlert

Wonder if the replies in this thread would work . . . or not.​

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I'm going to try that, I ALWAYS wear my belt but I have a 1200 ft. long driveway and when I stop to check the mail and get back in I don't use the belt going to my house, the chime is annoying.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a 2012 sxt and I did the buckle and unbuckle however many times trick and it worked, took less than 2 minutes.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Tip:12
Disable Seat Belt Reminder Chime:

Quick Procedure;

Step 1. With the ignition switch in any position except On or Start, buckle the driver side front seat belt.

Step 2. Turn ignition switch to ON position and wait for the seat belt indicator reminder function to conclude (about 6 sec’s).

Step 3. Unbuckle and buckle the driver side front seat belt three or more times, ending with the belt buckled.

Step 4. Turn the ignition switch to any position except On or Start to toggle the belt-minder feature from its current setting

(from active to inactive, or from inactive to active).

A single chime tone will provide an audible confirmation that the programming sequence has been successfully completed.

(This does NOT disable the INITIAL chime, only the nagging repeats every few seconds).

(Full Length procedure and text from the 2009 Challenger R/T owner's manual pages 43-44)
I tried this to kill the nagging chime on my way down my long driveway after getting out to check the mail and not rebuckling for the drive to my house, but on my 2012, but it completely killed the chime, just the light comes on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm going to try that, I ALWAYS wear my belt but I have a 1200 ft. long driveway and when I stop to check the mail and get back in I don't use the belt going to my house, the chime is annoying.

Can we all come to your place and do some 1/8mile Drags down your driveway?:bangin:

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
i have a 12 and mine came from the factory with it disabled.... o well ..lol

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Can we all come to your place and do some 1/8mile Drags down your driveway?:bangin:
Sure, but it's a bumpy gravel/dirt driveway and you might get airborn in a few places!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I came here looking how to disable it on the 2015 Dodge Durango, but the method posted here doesn't work.. Is there another form for this on the 2015?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts