Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to do a supercharger install and want the hood off.. any way to take off the window washer fluid hoses?

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
The Service Manual just says:

Disconnect the washer supply hose between the body and the two washer nozzles on the underside of the hood.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya the problem is if i take off all the the CLIPS that hold the padding on the underside of the hood then they are trashed.. they are a one and done. i didn't know if there was any other way to get to it or not.

chris

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Easiest way is to cut it, use a piece of hose later to rejoin or even can get joiners in irrigation section of HD/Lowes. Changed hoods on mine so I just cut it right above inner fender, have working nozzles now work fine, no leaks and if I ever put stock hood back on, will just need to reconnect at cut.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Easiest way is to cut it, use a piece of hose later to rejoin or even can get joiners in irrigation section of HD/Lowes. Changed hoods on mine so I just cut it right above inner fender, have working nozzles now work fine, no leaks and if I ever put stock hood back on, will just need to reconnect at cut.

thanks for the info.. i thought about that but i didn't know if you could find the JOINERS.. any idea what size they are?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info

chris

·
Registered
332 Posts
The plastic push pins (OE style) are available on EBay. I just bought a pack of 12 for like $5 when I did my under hood stencil.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool got a link by chance?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Here you go:

Not sure if I am allowed to post the link, but do a search for:

15pcs Chrysler Retainer Clips - Fasteners, Reference #: 4878883AB, 4878883AA

Price went up since I bought mine..... a whole $9 now!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am ASSUMING once you pull the clips and fabric pad you can undo the washer hose right underneath?

·
Registered
332 Posts
i am ASSUMING once you pull the clips and fabric pad you can undo the washer hose right underneath?

From what I remember...there is a "T" fitting underneath where you can disconnect the hose.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Why do you say the clips are one and done? I have taken my pad off twice...all clips, and had no issue. Use the correct removal tool and you will be ok. Then you can use a small screwdriver to release the retaining clip and unplug the washer nozzle.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Using the right tool helps, but I still broke 2 of mine. (I did it in the cold which probably didn't help)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts